USB Joypad controller version 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Joypad controller version 2.0

been working on a new usb joypad controller thingy for roadrunner. I have made it very easy to alter the buttons and also included ALL the buttons I have on my pad.. as the screenshot below says.. you can also set it to identify a certain joypad as well :-) I have also decreased the cpu usage since the last one.. 0 - 1% now..

OK, just done a quick test and everything seems ok...

Just unzip and run, on the first run you will need to select your joypad from the drop down list and click save, it will then auto connect to this from then on. You can set the repeat timing from the repeat drop down list, but in the settings.ini you can disable the repeat for any command you want, just add it to the list. If you unplug your joystick for any reason and plug it back it, the software will auto connect to it again.. handy for hibernation

Please report if it works ok or any bugs.

This will allow you to control RR from a joypad, but what I did was rip the joypad apart and solder it to my steering wheel controls :-) works like a dream

CdR
    Attached Files
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

nice, will have to give this a go. got a joypad somewhere for my carPC

does it work with analogue joysticks on the keypads?

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey View Post
      nice, will have to give this a go. got a joypad somewhere for my carPC

does it work with analogue joysticks on the keypads?
      yeah it should and also work on the stick once its past a certain point.. I will upload it soon, just need to test it in the car.. and with roadrunner :-)

CdR
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

ok uploaded it .. let me know what you all think. its in post 1 attachments
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

subbing.

I'm hoping to do the steering wheel transplant and work RR from the IBUS MF buttons on it. But if it don't work might hack a wireless joypad in place of the buttons

Comment

time to dig out the joypad. will be back when i have tested it.

Comment

Works great! Time to tear apart the old SideWinder! All the buttons are there and it was almost too easy to customize the functions. I am sure I can look forward to a pain tearing apart the controller...
              Thanks for the hard work.
              Yeah google!

Comment

This is what i figured out. And by the way, TP6 is evil and will make the controller unhappy for a little while. (unplug it and plug it back in and all is happy) There were lots of hacks on the web for the sidewinder, but none for my version. (SideWinder Game Pad USB version 1.0 is what Joypad 2.0 calls my controller)
                Attached Files
                Yeah google!

Comment

Teething problems

Ello mate,

Plugged joypad in tonight (Genius MaxFire G-08XU)

Works fine under windows but says "unplugged" under your program.

Screenshots attached.

Any ideas?
                  A calm approach in a troubled world...
                  http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
                  DC UK Forum

Comment

game pad RR controller

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
                    what I did was rip the joypad apart and solder it to my steering wheel controls :-) works like a dream CdR
                    I have been thinking about doing something like this for some time now. This would also be VERY sweet for emplementing small buttons into the bezel arounnd the touch screen.....
                    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

HEY CDR the joypad can it control the mouse movement. I want to be able to control the Iguidance Pan movement when it search mode. is it possible haven't even tested it yet.

Comment

Doesnt work for Xbox Controllers using usb...
                        my TURBO! Altezza!

ATEZZA / IS200 3SGE-TURBO 6SPD MANUAL , EPIA 13000, 512 RAM W/LAN , 100GIG , GPS , TOUCH, 3X LCD, FLUSH TOUCHPAD MOUSE, SOUNDBLASTER EXTERNAL

Comment

Ok, can someone tell me why this isnt working for me? I can see the name of the controller in the list but it still says it unplugged. AND the controller works fine through windows.

Comment

Luv it mate.
                            Lokked at it thought now thats useful....eg going to do persactly what u ave done on ur steerin wheel. Downloaded it, opened it up, whipped out my usb jostick, and bang it worked instantly. So now ill go and buy a usb gamepad, to rip apart and intergrate it into the steering wheel. Cheers CdRsKuLL, thnx for the VERY EASY 2 USE....and USEFUL little progy u made up.

Comment

yeah i guess theres no support for those who are having problems with this program.

Comment

Working...
                              X