Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JL amp problem....

hey i need help for my JL set???

my JL amp has a ohms light on and my two JL W7 are making noise when i start the car and listen to music....anybody can help me that'll be great....

Comment

LoL, nice posts.

This is NOT a car audio forum. This is a forum about car computers and the car audio accompanying it.

While some members here CAN help you, your best help can be found at CAR AUDIO forums.

Also, your lack of details, even with 2 posts, will leave you in the cold here.

http://caraudioforum.com/
      http://forum.sounddomain.com/
      (All done)
      iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Originally posted by JL_set View Post
        my JL amp has a ohms light on and my two JL W7 are making noise when i start the car and listen to music....anybody can help me that'll be great....
        Now what did I tell you when you posted the same question in that other topic?

How the ***** would we know what's wrong with it without ANY info.....

Psting the same question in an other topic won't help that
        Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
        CLARION HX-D2
        CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
        CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
        CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Originally posted by JL_set View Post
          have you tried listening to better music? that may help the noise problem.
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
          Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
          Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Isn't a sub supposed to make noise? Or is it really true what they told me and is it only to use as an ashtray
            Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
            CLARION HX-D2
            CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
            CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
            CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

I would disconnect your subs as soon as you get a chance, then recheck the wiring... dont want to risk up those purty little W7's!!!
              MY INSTAllS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

Comment

my bad people i didn't know that it's a computer thingy up in here....but anyways about my JL set....i have 2 12in W7 hooked up with a JL amp 1000/1....and the low ohms light is on and when i turn the music up the subs make some whinning noise.....i tried reconnecting the wires and everything like a lot of times and still the same results....but then yea if any body have the knowledge then tell me aight.........

Comment

Can someone move this to the car audio section so maybe this boy can get some help!!
                  1995 Chevy Camaro
                  2003 Dodge Ram 1500
                  VIA EPIA M10000 Mini-ITX Motherboard
                  Iguidance GPS
                  Road Runner Frontend w/ DFX5.0.3
                  Xenarc 700IDT with DVD CDR/RW

Comment

i believe those subs are dual 3 ohm which will make it 1.5 ohm each. i think you might have brought that down to .75 ohm which is a no no for that amp.

look into wiring diagrams and impedence levels. wire the subs series to 6 ohms each and than parallel to 3 ohm overall. it should take care of ur problem.
                    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

you really need TWO W7s?

id sell one and just go with that.
                      (All done)

Comment

guys... help the brother out man instead of sayin stuff...

Comment

Did you try to disconnect the speakers completely and see if the light is still on? If the light is still on with the speakers disconencted, then your amp is toasted. If the light goes out with no speakers connected then your amp is ok still. Just make sure to wire the subs correctly as some others have suggested.
                          System always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by eugene81 View Post
                            guys... help the brother out man instead of sayin stuff...
                            Dude, he has TWO W7s on ONE amp, most likely THAT is the problem. Period.

if its not, he can take other peoples suggestions on the likely culprit.

But a 12W7 sharing an amp, odd to say the least.
                            (All done)

Comment

Is it the subs or the amp making the whining sound? subs usualy dont whine but bad amps sometimes do. How long is your ground? Where is it connected? What kind of music do you listen to? Did a shop install it? Where are the gains set? How did you adjust the gains? Chances are the amp is toast. unplug the RCAs and the subs see if you still get the whining sound.
                              Aron
                              New Ipad
                              Zapco DSP-6SL
                              Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
                              Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
                              Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

Working...
                              X