Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a WII remote for my system tonight..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a WII remote for my system tonight..

Yea.. after seeing these videos.. im gana buy a WII remote tonight and hook it up to my computer then later my carputer.. Its going to be a remote and im gana make it do overlays of my current music or something..

The Amazing Rolo :: Blog/Podcast
    WiiMote IR script for PC (GlovePie)
    Air drumming with the Wii remote - Joystiq

Ya the Wiimote has awesome potential! and a lot of nice features. We have one here thats set up on our media center, just as a mouse for now, we'll get to gestures and such later .. .best of luck!
    MobileThree: in car - Zotac Atom/ION - linuxICE 2.0.2
    --worklog--

Comment

what use in a car?

Comment

well if you dont want to use/dont have a touch screen, it works like an input device, much like the gyration mouse, programed correctly it will also do gesture controls.
        WiiLi.org Wii Linux - Wiimote
        --worklog--

Comment

good luck! i'm actually working on my own wii controller right now. Make sure you check out this list: List of Working Bluetooth Devices - Wiiki
          Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
          Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
          Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
          Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
          ...it never ends

Comment

this=accident!

but cool nonetheless
            '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:
            Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
            Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
            Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

In trouble...

Comment

All done and installed! Only problem is that the WII controler is not made to connect to computers thus a little work to connect it every time. I basically did this because I could and noone else has.

Im waiting for a script to auto connect the controler on boot.. that would be nice..

And the air druming is not for me.. mainly for my passangers.. wwwwwwwwiiiiiiii its fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow-Snow View Post

Im waiting for a script to auto connect the controler on boot.. that would be nice..
                What Operating system are you doing this on?
                --worklog--

Comment

Yeah, I found that to be a nuisance, too. It's no better than running with a SpaceNavigator at this point, so I switched back to that as the interface. The problem is that the wiimote doesn't actively search until you press something. Maybe there can be some sort of dock for it, that helps it sync on startup and also keeps it charged? Software wouldn't help since the wiimote is "off" -- there's nothing for the software to sync to.
                  ...it never ends

Comment

Originally posted by psyrex View Post
                    Yeah, I found that to be a nuisance, too. It's no better than running with a SpaceNavigator at this point, so I switched back to that as the interface. The problem is that the wiimote doesn't actively search until you press something. Maybe there can be some sort of dock for it, that helps it sync on startup and also keeps it charged? Software wouldn't help since the wiimote is "off" -- there's nothing for the software to sync to.
                    Um to connect I have to go through the whole "skip paring" and such.. each time.. is there a faster way to connect once you connect it one time? I don't mind pressing the WII controler buttons to connect everytime i want to use it. Maybe set my bluetooth to auto discover? i'm not sure.. hmm

I'm using XP

I want to build a motion bar and install the LEDS in the front.. Change the mouse cursor to the WII cursor and let anyone in the back control my system.. Maybe.. we will see..

I also want to borrow another controler to run dual wii drums... hmm.

Comment

I found it to connect if I attempt to sync (hit the red button in the back or 1 & 2 together) as windows is coming up. When the bluetooth drivers load during startup, they start searching for devices, and the wiimote has to be already flashing its LEDs waiting for connection when that happens. I've found this only works during a clean boot, and does not work with coming out of hibernation.

with a dock or something, maybe it can auto power it up and start looking for peering when the computer comes up. need a physical thing to make the wiimote starting flashing its LEDs, looking for the connection.
                      ...it never ends

Comment

cool, good to see it worked out!
                        '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:
                        Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
                        Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
                        Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

In trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by stangg172006 View Post
                          cool, good to see it worked out!
                          Yeah, but connectivity issues and lack of hibernation means it's too gimmicky to really be useful. It needs to be manually synced every time you start the car.
                          ...it never ends

Comment

Originally posted by psyrex View Post
                            Yeah, but connectivity issues and lack of hibernation means it's too gimmicky to really be useful. It needs to be manually synced every time you start the car.
                            Only if you hibernate your carputer.

Shut down / Fresh boot - Wii remote is a great tool.
                            hibernate - Wii remote is a pain to connect everytime

Comment

just some cons to it:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/inpu...bluetooth.html
                              2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Working...
                              X