Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In vehicle video surveillance

Hello everyone,

I wanted to mention a project I started as a personal hobby and it turned into a full-time business for me lately. It's a video and audio surveillance system for vehicles, with GPS and WiFi access in the car.

It's based on Linux and can store up to 48 hours of video and audio (records non-stop) and can also stream live video and audio over 3G/GPRS/CDMA links. The live streaming screen also shows the position of the vehicle on maps and satellite imagery in real time.

Camera has infrared (can see inside the car at night) and microphone (you can listen in on conversations in the car and also review audio recordings from the past 48 hours).

A short demo movie is at http://www.automonitor.ro/demomovie-english.zip and I've attached 2 photos of the system as installed in a car here in Romania.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Razvan

that pretty cool, kinda like the systems some cabs have.

Whats the specs of the recording machine?

Comment

The recording system is something we developed in-house, it records as WMV (for video) and plain ADPCM WAV files (for audio). We just convert the MJPEG stream from the camera into WMV. It stores video on a 2GB Compact Flash card (512MB is taken by the operating system and our software, so that leaves 1.5GB for the video and audio).

It also timestamps the video with the position and speed and heading (just like it shows in the movie), so you can later play it back and see the exact geographical location where the video/audio has been recorded.

Razvan

Comment

Working...
      X