We Need More Usb Ports Captain!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need More Usb Ports Captain!

Arrrgggg! I just can't seem to have enough USB ports to make everything work!
    I have my mini keyboard, SILABS Radio, Touch Screen, GPS, DVD and 4 external slots.... Can anyone reccomend a good hub?

One with external power
    www.newegg.com
    2003 Nissan Xterra Worklog

Total amount spent so far: $1196.64

You will probably spend AT LEAST 2x what you initially budget for your CarPC Project!

2003 Nissan Xterra - Modifications

Comment

Most powered USB hubs require 5v, which you can pull from your computer's PSU.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Or you can put a separate power supply in the front of the vehicle and power a couple hubs (depending on how many usb devices you need to run).

Cheers

BJ
        For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
        Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

This is what I have:

Battery powered USB hub. Even has a switch to turn battery mode on and off
          http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Power-Ba.../dp/B0002UQALQ

Comment

From testing i've done to try and find a good hub chipset for OEM implementation, go with belkin. They use a cypress chip that supports MTT (multi transaction translator). Long story short, if you've got 3 usb 2.0 devices each running at different speeds (high speed usb and full speed usb) the MTT will allow each to work at it's given speed whereas most hubs end up splitting the bit rate among the 4 ports. The chip is more reliable and more specifically, when i tested it, i ran it with a 6.5" screen (streaming video over usb) and 2 other devices.

Comment

Working...
            X