Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power vga cables

hey guys and gals,
    i know that with car audio you dont want to run your signal cables along your power cables because of nose problems....does the same apply to the vga cable or is it ok to run it next to your power cable? same thing with usb?
    thanks
    mike
    2003 Steel Blue PT Cruiser GT Autostick, Mopar BOV, K&N FIPK, Dual Exhaust, Boost Gauge.
    ICE: 2 12" Infinity 1230W, JBL BP1200.1, Infinity 6000CS, JBL P80.4, Sirius Starmate.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2314583

yes the same thing applies. with vga cables you will get visual noise such as wavy lines on your screen that move faster with higher rpms.

So power wires on 1 side, and signal cables on the other side.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I found it easier to run the power wire through the edge of the headliner, just above the plastic moulding near the top of the windows.
      Ampie Case
      2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
      Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
      Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        yes the same thing applies. with vga cables you will get visual noise such as wavy lines on your screen that move faster with higher rpms.

So power wires on 1 side, and signal cables on the other side.
        What about a perpendicular pass. My power wire is coming directly from my battery and will cross my speaker wires. Will this cause any noticeable interference?

Comment

If you cross data and power at a 90deg angle, it'll be fine. As long as they aren't running parallel.

Comment

Working...
          X