No announcement yet.

Dual Monitor DVD software

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitor DVD software

I have a dual monitor video card. I have it set to clone the monitor to play one in the trunk the other in the dash, showing the same thing. but if I play a DVD movie, it is black on one screen and shows fine on the other. Anyone know of any software that will allow it to show on both monitors??

there should be a setting in the driver software that will do that....which video card do you more familiar with if thats your card, i can help, if its nVidia, ill have to google
    Trouble deciding on car speakers? Clicky Clicky
    Speakers: DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 Link
    Subwoofer: removed
    Amplifier#1 (Front Stage): DLS Ultimate A4
    Amplifier#2 (Sub) removed
    Carputer: Removed for tablet install

yeah, its the nVidia 5200 I have the video set to clone. I've been using WMP 11 to play the video with. works great on one screen, but the other plays black only.

If you don't need the second screen for anything else, or aren't fussed about the other screen displaying your regular carputer stuff, best bet is to just have a splitter coming off of the one Video Out, and running to both screens.
        I can't quite remember the specifics of how this issue comes about, but it's a Windows thing, rather than videocard/driver specific from memory.