Wreck due to carpc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreck due to carpc?

Just wondering if anyone has wrecked or had a "close one" due to messing/watching their carpc.

Haha, I tell all my friends that if i die in a wreck, they can assume I was playing with my carputer.
    Christmas Car Project 2008

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

lolz

Comment

Thats why I practice at home with pc driving games and winamp.
        '02 GTI
        [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
        [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
        [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
        [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
        Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

LOL - hahahaha... never a wreck or anything but im "pretty safe" - well, i'm as cautious as you can be while using a computer while driving.

i only use my computer if: im at a red light, if im on a highway straightaway and there are no cars immediately around me, etc. whenever im punching in directions, i always pull over or stop, etc. i never punch in an address while typing lol. i know, im overly cautious, but i'd rather be safe than sorry, bishes!

i dont know how you can drive a manual trans and use a car pc. i would get so ******* tired of all the arm movements. and im not lazy!@#
          Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

Originally posted by breaker021 View Post
            i dont know how you can drive a manual trans and use a car pc. i would get so ******* tired of all the arm movements. and im not lazy!@#
            its not as hard as you think... however, driving, shifting, typing, and changing the song on the screen makes me go over the yellow line just a little bit.
            2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

well updating my myspace profile while dialing phoco is a bit hard but other han that no.. but honestly i was pulled over once for swerving @ like 2AM but i wasnt drunk just screwing with the gps. cop had me walk the line just to be sure then let me go with an out of date inspection ticket
              .______
              | '_ |__\___
              [(o)|___(o)] XB
              ._________
              | I__I I_I|_\__I
              [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

First off let me start by saying i try not to use my carpc while moving. i wait till stop signs or stop lights. or if i have to useing while moving i wait till there is no one around that i could run into. But there was one time when my girlfriend was with me and she could not figure out how to do something on it and i was trying to explain it but she did not get it, so i reached over and did it for her real fast and the next thing i know i hit the gravel on the side of the road. no biggy i just drive right back out and kept on crusing but my girlfriend FREAKS. she starts yelling at me about it and now when ever she is in the car i am not alowd to do anything with it.

Comment

wait.. u guys actually use them while driving? **** that lol.
                  - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

I was on a long trip the other day and didn't know the city that we were heading in to. Well near there I stopped for gas so the PC went into hibernate for a little bit when I shut the car off. I get back in, PC resumes and when I switch to nav it couldn't find the GPS. So I was troubleshooting Windows XP in the Device Manager at 60MPH. Not once did I swerve and my passenger was never concerned. Hooray for peripheral vision.

I did almost hit a pole while leaving the park the other day though, but I was changing songs while avoiding an idiot on a bike that thought one way didn't apply to him.
                    "You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller" - Wierd Al

Comment

I do make my wife nervous sometimes, but the carpc can be like any other distraction really, I know more guys that have crashed from spilling coffee or loosing a head of a cigarette, in the end it's all up to "the nut behind the wheel"
                      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

after riding a motorcycle (especially commuting on a bike) I was given a whole new perspective on messing with something while driving...

I won't hardly talk on the phone while driving...the PC has actually made it to where I can focus on the road more. I don't have to mess with all of my CDs, etc. It's all in one place.
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I've never had any issues with it. I set up my space navigator that I can control everything with my right hand (volume, tracks, pause/play). Only need to occasionally look at the screen to pick a new album. GPS is tempting to stare at I must admit .
                          2001 SS Camaro carputer | My solar dish project/

Comment

Originally posted by breaker021 View Post
                            Don't forget, with a manual transmission, you also have to use a clutch, so three pedals and two legs ;-)

Comment

lol - I never even thought about the whole standard tranny thing...once you own one it really doesn't cross your mind.

Where my screen is in my car is directly in front of the shifter. Since I always have my hand on the shifter it's no big deal...just point my finger and I'm touching the screen.

I suppose if you didn't drive a standard it would seem like a lot of work.
                              Jan Bennett
                              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                              X