Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dose any one have an indash LCD that works in daylight

Hi all,
    I am chasing some input, I spent quite a bit of time skinnning RR and getting it all fully working with gps software etc, installed it into my 4wd to find that my 301 LCD is next to usless during the day. Early mornign or late afternoon it is usable. But during the day I cant see a dam thing.
    I was looking at buying the 700IDT from Xenarc as it is considerably brighter (500 in stead of 300)
    Can anyone shed some light on the subject or let me know what they do to get around this issue.

search for transreflective. The mp3car store sells them.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

I dont think there exists an indash which is readable in the sun. I have the k301 too, and the only thing I can do is adjust it to "dynamic" because I found that setting to be the most readable in sun. A backlight upgrade might also work, as I'm sure you can probably fit an extra ccfl tube (or led?) or two in there. But thats a bit technical.

Comment

Originally posted by meddler View Post
        search for transreflective. The mp3car store sells them.
        What he said, though search on transflective.

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Although I dont think they make transflective in-dash.

Since you already have an indash, why not send it to MotorCity and have him do the transflective upgrade for you.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

what enhancment would i expect from a transflective upgrade?

And thanks for the replies.

Comment

Have you looked at the threads that compares a stock 400nit screen and the same screen with the transflective upgrade?
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

My old 7" Lilliput LCD was pretty much useless in my convertible. I upgraded to the transreflective screen, and the difference is outstanding. It is an expensive investment, but for such a critical component of the Car PC, I feel it is money well spent. I'd say it is 70% readable in direct sunlight, with minimal glare.

RRG

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                  Although I dont think they make transflective in-dash.

Since you already have an indash, why not send it to MotorCity and have him do the transflective upgrade for you.
                  If you pull it apart anything can become in-dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinehead View Post
                    If you pull it apart anything can become in-dash.
                    indash meaning a 1din motorized screen I thought. So you need the casing and all the gears to make it come out.

Not molded in, but flip-out is what I thought he was talking about. All transflectives I know, are molded-in, none are in motorized casings.
                    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

correct indash motorized, thanks for the feed back on the transflective, now i just need to find some one in AUS to do the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                      X