looking for double din carpc with touchscreen built in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for double din carpc with touchscreen built in

where can i find this? i know ive seen them before. an entire carpc setup in one double din casing with a motorized display. ive got a 98 blazer lt. not too many places to put this while retaining a stock look. the center console is an idea, but i need that for holding random things.

are there any casings like this that dont have any computer components in it? that i can put whatever i want in or that will fit?

http://store.mp3car.com/MP3Car_G4_po..._p/sdk-014.htm
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Also the T3 or whatever it is with the flip out screen.

And as for a case to build custom... not really. There is the lilliput indash pc (the store sells a case for that) but you need to use a M10k and you need to use low profile RAM, and it is longer than most dashes. There is a thread going on here about someone making and selling these double din enclosures for a full PC, but I think it was a Ford Mustang thing only at one point. It might have evolved more since I last read through.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

i was thinking that G4 was some sorta mac bs.

Comment

Originally posted by americasfuture2 View Post
          i was thinking that G4 was some sorta mac bs.
          You thought the G4 was a mac?
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

ya, shows how ive been out of the computer world. thanks to the navy

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
              You thought the G4 was a mac?
              Not entirely unreasonable.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Mac_G4
              Old Systems retired due to new car
              New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
                A PowerMac G4 and a Infill G4 dont exactly have the same form factor, look, anything. I know what a mac G4 is. But there are thumbnail images of everything so I doubt you could mistake them.

Comment

The G4 is the processor. There is no technical reason that I know of that you couldn't put it in a different box.

Edit: for example, the G4 mac mini : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_mini

Is that form factor so different now?
                  Old Systems retired due to new car
                  New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
                    The G4 is the processor. There is no technical reason that I know of that you couldn't put it in a different box.

Edit: for example, the G4 mac mini : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_mini

Is that form factor so different now?
                    Well IBM's G4 processor isnt in anything but macs. Macs have a whole look.

I actually forgot about the G4 minis. I did remember that the G4's burned hotter than the surface of the sun though. One of the main reasons apple dumped IBM because they couldnt make it faster without water cooling or melting.

Comment

are there any other models like the g4? i think i saw it on another site and not on mp3car.

Comment

Originally posted by americasfuture2 View Post
                        are there any other models like the g4? i think i saw it on another site and not on mp3car.
                        The G4 is made by some chinese/korean company. They sell them to mp3car who put on StreetDeck, and they sell them to Infill who put on InfillStation. They also sell them to some russian and australian distributors as a barebones system. So they are other places than mp3car.

Comment

well i just found another. and imsure there are going to be more that i find as a search.
                          heres the link: http://www.carputercenter.com/Default.aspx?tabid=293

i did a search for carputer double din and carpc double dine in the google images search. i find more accurate results in that search.

Comment

That looks all well and good, but you can't actually purchase one like you can the G4.
                            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

heres another http://www.amazon.com/images/I/41dWa...BL._SS500_.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X