So i killed the carpc altogether... :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i killed the carpc altogether... :(

so well about two weeks ago i decided it was time to re-install everything on my carpc, starting from windows and so on since it had been almost a year for the current install and the touchscreen behaving weird i would calibrate it but it still would click on the other end when i pressed on one corner ... so took it out of the car left the lilli indash and was working with my monitor at home. Got the formatting done, installed fresh XP, IG, winamp, MS Streets and Trips, Mobile impact. Everything looked good and worked perfectly inside my house with 800x600 resolution... took it back to the car and noticed the ground wire coming from the lilliput in the molex connector came off so got another molex connector from an old server, rigged the wires up, plugged everything back in and powered it on, the pc didn't come on but the lilliput got the power.. the power switch wires were plugged in the other way around, so opened the case again turned the wires and gave it another shot. it came up but the screen on pressing the power button just came up with a faded white screen but everything else came up, mobile impact being on startup came up and started playing music so i knew that was ok.

so the screen.. first thing is thought was that maybe the video input changed since i hadn't powered it on for so long so it may have reset. but on powering the screen nothing comes up, not even the lcd saying VGA MODE, or VIDEO 1 or anything. so since the front plate was molded into the dash i didn't have the menu buttons on it and my IR had died on the monitor so i had to open it up to get the button panel out and change video sources... still nothing... so leaving it as is i connected my laptop to the screen hoping it would come up but... nothing only the faded white screen.. so after searching mp3car for possible issues i tried playing around with the ribbon cable.. still nothing and i ended up breaking of the latch that holds the ribbon cable on the controller board so i tried taping it up and trying different things but nothing works... i am so sad

/rant

so now is there anything i can do to save the screen or buying a new one is the only option for me.

Thanks for reading
    CARPC Status:
    Alive and kicking !!!! :D

sorry to hear about it man.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran View Post
      so well about two weeks ago i decided it was time to re-install everything on my carpc, starting from windows and so on since it had been almost a year for the current install and the touchscreen behaving weird i would calibrate it but it still would click on the other end when i pressed on one corner ... so took it out of the car left the lilli indash and was working with my monitor at home. Got the formatting done, installed fresh XP, IG, winamp, MS Streets and Trips, Mobile impact. Everything looked good and worked perfectly inside my house with 800x600 resolution... took it back to the car and noticed the ground wire coming from the lilliput in the molex connector came off so got another molex connector from an old server, rigged the wires up, plugged everything back in and powered it on, the pc didn't come on but the lilliput got the power.. the power switch wires were plugged in the other way around, so opened the case again turned the wires and gave it another shot. it came up but the screen on pressing the power button just came up with a faded white screen but everything else came up, mobile impact being on startup came up and started playing music so i knew that was ok.

so the screen.. first thing is thought was that maybe the video input changed since i hadn't powered it on for so long so it may have reset. but on powering the screen nothing comes up, not even the lcd saying VGA MODE, or VIDEO 1 or anything. so since the front plate was molded into the dash i didn't have the menu buttons on it and my IR had died on the monitor so i had to open it up to get the button panel out and change video sources... still nothing... so leaving it as is i connected my laptop to the screen hoping it would come up but... nothing only the faded white screen.. so after searching mp3car for possible issues i tried playing around with the ribbon cable.. still nothing and i ended up breaking of the latch that holds the ribbon cable on the controller board so i tried taping it up and trying different things but nothing works... i am so sad

/rant

so now is there anything i can do to save the screen or buying a new one is the only option for me.

Thanks for reading
      I had fun with mine too, but luckly only one side of my latch broke. Is it the push down latch that broke or the one you slide out? If its the push down one, it has to be on the right spot for it to lock the ribbon down properly..

Comment

Working...
      X