2003 Ford Crown Victoria P.I.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Ford Crown Victoria P.I.

I am looking into buying a 2003 Interceptor and have established an ingenious idea for a carPC. Given the fact that all modern police cars are equipped with MDTs, a carPC would look like it belonged in the car, and it would be great to replicate. I will leave this forum open to this project, and feel free to leave me suggestions, questions, or comments.

Something like this...:
    (Photos courtesy of Brite Computers!)

nice how much is that setup?
    The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
    CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
    PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
    Memory:1G
    Drives:160gig
    WI-FI:Cingular
    GPS:IG2k9
    Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
    The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

I havent quite got the toal estimate together, but it actually isnt as expensive as I thought. The biggest cost is for a touchscreen that will work in the daytime. But I will keep you updated, I see you have one?

Unfortunately I am still looking for a PI, I missed the op to buy one a couple months back.

Comment

I went the Jotto desk route with a D600 and a Lind DC powersupply. I have phone and GPS powered off of the laptop. I am curious about many of the other devices like CBs, scanners, DVR & Screen for it, etc.

So very interested in all of your mounting choices, please keep us updated.

Vaughn
        (Also using the laptop with Sprint EVDO for permanent internet and then use LogMeIn for home monitoring and control via my Virtual Crib software)

Comment

Vaughn,

I am to assume that you have a CVPI? Is that the mount requests you have?

Comment

Ack, don't even know what that is. Litterally just starting research into this field. I bought the car a couple weeks back, just got my jotto installed yesterday, ordered the Lind DC power supply today.

The jotto does not help me with mounting extra equipment like a CB, Scanner, Rooftop GPS, Rooftop Wifi, PSC repeater or another LCD to attach to the DVR. I am going to mount at least 4 cameras in the car too.

So I don't really know what types of mounts I need exactly, I just enjoy seeing others to give me ideas of how some of these things are done. I will start a Show-Your-Car thread in the next day or two as I get some pictures posted.

Jotto and other looked like they had some under the console/between the seats housing that should hold a few things, but still pondering them.

Vaughn

Comment

I'll be doing something very similiar soon with my Crown Vic, I've got a 99 CVPI also...

It's a great car.
              Just an FYI Vaughn, look under your carpet in the passenger front foot well. Right below the glove box on the firewall you should have two leads -- each of them is a 30amp 12v, one always on and one is ACC switched. It's great for projects like this when you have equipment up front.

You have pictures of your car?

Comment

Pictures

Here is a link from the dealer I bought it from, they are VERY detailed in the photos and information they post on each car. This is my exact car. I will take pictures in the morning of what I have done since I bought it.

http://www.government-fleet-sales.co...spx?iid=175258

Vaughn

Comment

very nice. mine is a reg cv. i did add the black honeycomb grill and the interceptor rear badge to it.
                  The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
                  CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
                  PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
                  Memory:1G
                  Drives:160gig
                  WI-FI:Cingular
                  GPS:IG2k9
                  Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
                  The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Working...
                  X