No announcement yet.

Thoughts/Opinions Please

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts/Opinions Please

Hey guys.

Im relatively new to CarPC's. But have spent alot of time reading various FAQ's and DIY's which have been very helpful.

I haven't actually got any components yet.

The system that i am thinking about is to be installed into a 2005 Subaru Forester.

Motherboard - Im not to sure yet on what one to choose. Something from the VIA range. What are your suggestions? To me that all seem the same.
    Although, I have noticed that the Elite C7VCM has got built in DC-DC power. Is this a good or bad idea, incase the power becomes to great and fries some circuity?

Ram - What is a bare minimum to use, say 512?

Hard Drive - I see in most installs that the hard drives are mounted vertically. Why is this? Something to do with the recording pin and bumpy roads?

Sound - This is where i am mostly stuck. With a headunit, it has the RCA preouts. Now i was looking at external sound cards like the Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External. But I am not to sure how this would connect to my 2 amps that i will be running. A 4 channel (front and rear) and then a mono. Somehow coming out of the sound card then to 3 sets of RCA's. Is it even possible? Or any other options?

I think that is all for now.

Any help would be great.