Upgradable DVD Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgradable DVD Player

Hello, I have become interested in installing a CarPC in my 2000 Honda Civic, but I do not currently have the money to install one that does everything I want. What I would like to do is install just a DVD player in the dash for the time being then someday upgrading it to a full pc. I took a class in high school on computers so I know a little about building them and I can't think of a way of installing just a dvd player without needing everything else. I know they make headunits that would work but I'm not sure if they would plug into a computer, I don't want something that folds out, and a lot of these companies want so much I'd be better off doing the whole computer.

Here is a picture of the car's interior. I would put the dvd player where the radio is then put my radio in the lower area. Any info would be great help.

Nick

What I would like to do is install just a DVD player in the dash for the time being then someday upgrading it to a full pc.
    There's only one unit out there that provides the upgrad ability you want, but ti costs a lot so you may as well go the CarPC route to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by pokki View Post
      There's only one unit out there that provides the upgrad ability you want, but ti costs a lot so you may as well go the CarPC route to start with.
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
      X