Album Art? best way to get it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album Art? best way to get it?

so i have alot of folders of music with no album art, i really want some album art.. :-/ any ideas on best way to get it...

bout 400 folders

get connected to the internet. open window media player, right click on album. go to find album info or just go to update album info. then it goes out and find new album art.thats it.
    https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

Comment

i use tag&rename update id3 tags and download album art

Comment

hmm, thanks ill give it all a shot

Comment

Media player is good if your using media player but if you want the art to work with winamp your gonna have to use a different program to get the art. Cover art downloader is pretty good.
          [||||||----] - 60% Complete

Comment

DO NOT use Windows Media Player for album art unless you are using wav files (in which case you don't really have a choice). WMP will cause tons of headaches with mp3 album art if you ever use the mp3's outside of WMP.

Like weasle said, use tag&rename. It automatically grabs the art from Amazon.
            My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

I just found a really good program today called Media monkey. Great for finding album art and even using as a player and its free. Best one I've seen so far
              [||||||----] - 60% Complete

Comment

Media Monkey is definitely the best way I have found to get Album Art, and even better, it'll apply the art to entire albums at a time.

However if there is something more obscure that Media Monkey can't find, manually search Amazon for it. If not there, try Google images. And last, try going to the artist's actual website and visiting the discography section, as they usually have album art.

I have 35Gb+ of music and I have album art for all but maybe 10 albums. For the few that dont have album art, I made a simple Photoshop template where I can add in text info about the album and artist that still looks visually pleasing to the eye.

I guess I'm a little album art crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
                  WMP will cause tons of headaches with mp3 album art if you ever use the mp3's outside of WMP.
                  I made that mistake, had to go through every folder and delete the invisible album art files it created.

Comment

Tag & Rename will apply album art to the entire album as well....sounds like the same as Media Monkey
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I like Tag & Rename's interface a little bit better, BUT, Media Monkey is free, which you can't beat. There is a Media Monkey Gold that you can pay for, but album art tagging is included in the free version. And yes, both T&R and MM will add album art to the album folder AND embed it to the files.
                      My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Working...
                      X