please help! so many problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help! so many problems

i went to install my carputer in my truck today and all hell decided to break loose. first when i plugged my monitor in and i turned the computer on for the first time my monitor started smoking. i immediately unplugged it. i plugged it back in a little later to see if it will turn on, it did, awesome. i then turned my computer back on and it will display video. great. now i go to use the touchscreen and it wasnt working. i figured that the thing that was smoking was the touchscreen controller. not that big of a deal but since i dont have the touchscreen i decided to plug in my ps3 usb keyboard. that doesnt work. i tried a different port. still nothing. i try my wireless usb and that doesnt work. i try restarting and now my computer will get to the windows starting screen and then after that the screen goes blank. i go and restart it and try safe mode. safe mode works. i then go through all the options in the startup configuration (F8) and the option Enable VGA lets it boot up. but now if i restart it without doing the Enable VGA it will go to a blank screen like before. i tried going into the bios and seeing if anything changed. nothing changed from when it was on the bench. USB is enabled VGA is enabled. everythings the same. what the hell happend and how do i fix it. please help me quickly. im going insane trying to figure this out.
    [::::::::::] 100% - Planning
    [::::::::::] 80% - Computer
    [::::::::::] 0% - Fabbing
    CarPC:
    SP13000 / 120GB SATA 2.5" / 512MB DDR
    8" Innovatek TS / Globalsat BU-353 / Engenius EUB-362 EXT
    Slot load DVDRW / PS3 Wireless Keyboard

If it was me, I'd take it back to you test bench and check everything over, and ensure it's all working correctly.

From there i'd double check you power cabling was wired corectly.

Sounds like you may have had a similar issue to this person:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...eed-input.html

Comment

everything looks like it should when i put it on the workbench. but i still have the same problems.
      CarPC:

Comment

Sounds like you need to install or reinstall the video driver and usb drivers.

However if there is not even power coming from the usb ports, then it got f'ed up.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

when i plug in my external hub that has a power light it comes on. but i still cant use any of the ports. does that give me a chance that the ports arent fried? my buddy said that theres a way to view hidden devices in device manager but i cant find it on google and he cant remember the exact string that you need to enter in environment tables. does anyone know what the string is to view it?
          CarPC:

Comment

bump, doesnt any else have any insight?
            CarPC:

Comment

Sounds like you may have fried the data lines on the MoBo USB ports. They have power but no signal. Best way to test PC hardware is process of elimination. Plug your Touchscreen into a different computer, note behavior. If it works on another PC its not the screen. Do this with as much of your hardware as possible untill you discover your culprit. Deductive logic, if you will. Good luck bro!
              Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Working...
              X