Dash Cam Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Cam Install

I was bored yesterday so i installed a cheap ebay infrared webcam as my dashcam. I used the program called "CAPTURE!". THe picture looked ok, but it takes too much space without compression, and too much processor with compression. Here is a clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7_rkNb3p4o

Looks pretty good...although it might be questionable if its clear enough to ever use for evidence of something...seems really fuzzy to me. Also seems really jerky...what kind of system are you running it on? (Specs)

Comment

Seems you've tried both extremes, how about something in the middle. Would help to know what your processor, codec, framerate, and quality is? Add some more codecs and try them. Have you tried adjusting your framerate. Have you tried RRCam.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

its running on a p4 2.4ghz, with 7500 ATI AIW graphic card, 512 mb of ram. I was using some odd codec that was in the program's choice. I left it at 30fps. It seems extremely fast even though i wasn't driving fast at all. It was more of an experiment than anything. Not really sure if i want a dash cam with my computer system. If anything i'd probally buy an external camera instead. I have enough headache as is with my existing system, one more hardware could mean that much more trouble shooting.

Comment

im looking to do this too. although i havent got a cam as yet for my car. was going to use capture! as well. but i think the processor power will too little to record all the time unfortunately.

with capture can u delete old files automatically? or overwrite them..? i havent tested it out fully...

Comment

yeah capture! could split files and delete old ones automatically. you could choose different encoding scheme, but still its pretty cpu intensive.

Comment

link?
              My BMW E46 carpc
              My iGuidance 4 skin
              FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Comment

yah i too ready with uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu........[media]http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/boris.gif[/media]
                anime

Comment

Wtf
                  My BMW E46 carpc
                  My iGuidance 4 skin
                  FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Comment

Working...
                  X