centrafuse hibernate on ignition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• centrafuse hibernate on ignition?

probably a stupid question but there is an option in centrafuse to hibernate/shutdown when the ignition goes off. What hardware is required for this to work?

I have that set up through my power supply. I use the Carnetix P2140, it's wired into my car's ignition line. When the ignition goes off, the power supply detects it and sends a signal to my computer to go into hibernation.

Comment

but is that actually controlled through centrafuse or just with your carnetix by itself?

Comment

At least with my set up, I have windows set to go into hibernate when the power button is pressed. The Carnetix sends a signal which "presses" the power button when the ignition is turned off or turned on.

Comment

that is understandable how that works, but centrafuse has the option to hibernate when ignition is turned off and i just wondered if there was a way to do that.

Comment

I would suggest asking in the Centrafuse sub-forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrod7387 View Post
              that is understandable how that works, but centrafuse has the option to hibernate when ignition is turned off and i just wondered if there was a way to do that.
              By using the comport
              Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

I did more research because I was curious. A little searching on your part could have answered this question.

This thread on the Centrafuse forum answers your question: http://forums.fluxmedia.net/showthre...light=Ignition

This just changes what the power button on your computer does...

Most Car-PC's use the power switch to shutdown the machine X number of seconds after the ignition has been switched off...

Hence the name... It simply changes your computer power button action...

Comment

i apologize i did search however i was unaware of the fluxmedia forum.....and that is a pointless feature since it can be done in windows. Thanks very much everyone.

Jarrod

Comment

Working...
                  X