Clear All

nice!
    99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

Durango

What did the durango all have in it?

Comment

This was the durango. It was an alpine show car.

http://www.arbytech.com/show/15.jpg

http://www.arbytech.com/show/21.jpg
        www.arbybean.com

Comment

ewww

Guess I am not a big car show fan?? His whole vehicle is wasted space!??

I bet it sounds nice though. :-)

Nathan

Comment

any other car's with comp setup's? what was the reaction to your system among the crowd?
            GTI - Palm IIIe controlled with Radio faceplate hack for keyboard control of WinAmp w/ Vocal Genre playlist loading.
            VW Bus - 10.4" vga lcd. Loaded with same software as above.

Comment

Re: ewww

Originally posted by nolmscheid

Nathan
              Its a demo car that is owned by Alpine. It's about showing off their stuff, not being a usable car
              www.arbybean.com

Comment

Originally posted by Loftus
                any other car's with comp setup's? what was the reaction to your system among the crowd?
                Nope, just me. There were a few dvd players and screens, but no other computers.

The general reaction was "what's that?" and "wow!"

I spent a while talking with some of the techies that wanted to know the specifics of everything.
                www.arbybean.com

Comment

Damn, I wish they were events like that in CT....

Comment

re: CT

i hear that arsalan. Once i finish my rig, i'm gonna want to show it off a little, and i'm sure you want to do the same. I live in CT also (Milford) and the closest meet has been in Jersey (i think). Maybe once I get this thing done all the northeast guys can schedule a meet somewhere up this way.

Comment

They are a few car shows every now and then, they had a nice nice ferrari show in Hartford not to long ago. But I haven't seen any audio shows. NY has a lot of them, they are not that far, but I guess you really need another reason to travel that far.

Comment

Re: ewww

Originally posted by nolmscheid

Nathan
                        hehe we meet again

Judging from your reaction, I take that you didnt know its a demo car. Alpine has some of the best installers in the industry, particularly Chris Brown. Of all the demo cars Ive seen, Alpine still came up on top. You gotta remember, demo cars are not designed to be grocery getters that soccer moms drive.. They are designed to show off their products and their installation abilities. If you want a practicle installation, try to hunt down pictures of the Alpine Volvo station wagon demo car from the 98 CES. I dont remember which model. It has a mirror image hacked Alpine LCD mounted on driver top dash that project the map image on the windshield for the driver. Passanger monitor is motorized to pop up from the dash, also Alpine. Pass airbag still functional. Amps were mounted on the rear pillar. CD changer, navigation and 10" sub were mounted on rear floor board and still has a functional spare tire. The install took up no room at all.

If I remembered correctly, the red Durango had 2 ISO mounted DIN units on the dash. The dash bezel looks factory double DIN. I think it starting crack around the head units or maybe its the SONY Durango. I cant remember. The center console was molded to hold a monitor for nav and another one for DVD, also looks factory. I think it has 2 changers in the console around the arm rest area. The rear vinyl was done at a upolstry shop though. Hey at least it still has the middle seats. You gotta see the Durango. It's awsome. I cant wait for CES to see what Alpine will do next. If anyone interested in a meeting at Las Vegas on Jan 9-12 2003 click on
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=11038
                        Also, Arby. Was the event a sound off, DB drag, or just show? Did you enter the sound off? What class? What place?

Still working on my fiberglass center console.
                        NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

There were SQ and SPL competitions. I entered into the SQ.

I came in second in the amatuer 300-600w class. I lost to that supra, which I have no idea how he got into amatuer

I hit almost 130dB for SPL, even though that's not what my car was designed for.
                          www.arbybean.com

Comment

Originally posted by Arby
                            There were SQ and SPL competitions. I entered into the SQ.

I came in second in the amatuer 300-600w class. I lost to that supra, which I have no idea how he got into amatuer

I hit almost 130dB for SPL, even though that's not what my car was designed for.
                            The last sound off I entered was in 99. I got 2nd in pro 300-600 SQ. I hit 135db. Amature class is tough. There were 40 Amature 300-600 competiters but only 5 pro 300-600. You have to explain every details about your system to the judge. Every neat trick your system does earn you points. I think you probably got points for wireless networking. installation pictures a must. IASCA members also get points. Thats how I loss my 1st place. I wasnt a member. Suprisingly, My install back then looked like crap compared to my current install. Anyway to answer your amature question, as long as he never worked in the car audio and electronics business, he can enter as amature. Even if you work at best buy selling radar dectectors, you have enter as pro. If you compete for the first time, you can enter as novist even if you system was installed by a shop. It's been so long since I entered, the rules may have changed. I think you probably could have won the first place if you had built an amp rack for the amps to hide all the wires and show only the surface of the amps and a computer rack to show only the surface of the see through plexi and hide all the wires and cables. Anyway nice work
                            NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                            If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

I'm planning on doing all kinds of things to make it prettier in the future. It will have to wait until next summer, though

This was the first time I've been and had no idea what to expect. I just finished getting everything working a few months ago.
                              www.arbybean.com

Comment

Working...
                              X