Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few problems Im having with RR,......Easy to fix if you know how?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Few problems Im having with RR,......Easy to fix if you know how?!

    1) I boot up and RR plays a track but the first time I go to turn the volume down it automatically mutes so I have to turn it up. The volume scale on RR doesnt run true either so it will mute but the scale will still show volume at 90%.

    2) My sub doesnt produce noise on music but does on video. Or vice versa....Anyway, its one or the other! :-) Any ideas?!?!?

    3) All my video (music and film) is downloaded via Limewire and although I can play it via VLC media lan on the carPC it doesnt play via RR application.
    90% of my music files will play via RR application, the other 10% and all of my movies only plays sound and not image through RR.

    These are the 3 main problems Im having at the moment. I have a few minor niggles that Im not worrying about right now as Id like to concentrate on these, If anyone can suggest a solution I would be more then grateful.

    Mike.

  • #2
    Hi Mike.

    1. Are you sure RR is set to control "Master"? Look in RRconfig, general, page 2.

    2. Sorry, don't know.

    3. Sounds like a codec is missing. Google ffdshow, that should sort you out.

    Comment


    • #3
      It would be helpful to know what kind of hardware you are running, but..

      Your problem #2 sound like your sound card is the issue. Your music is likely encoded in stereo and your movies are in surround sound. Check to see if there is a setting on the soundcard to emulate surround sound and I bet your sub will kick in.

      Good luck

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Thefdog View Post
        It would be helpful to know what kind of hardware you are running, but..

        Your problem #2 sound like your sound card is the issue. Your music is likely encoded in stereo and your movies are in surround sound. Check to see if there is a setting on the soundcard to emulate surround sound and I bet your sub will kick in.

        Good luck
        Agreed with the above. Since your music is only encoded in 2-channel, and your most likely using a surround sound setting for your sound card, you'll only get audio out of the front stage on your music. See if you can find some sort of setting for your sound card that separates the 2-channel music into 5 channel. Sort of like Dolby Pro Logic on a home receiver.
        CarPC:
        1.8GHz Northwood, Intel 845 Mobo, 512MB DDR, 1x20GB + 1x160GB, Intel GPU, SB Live 5.1

        Sound System:
        Phoenix Gold RSD 65cs 6.5" Drivers, Infinity Tweets, Pioneer 305DVC 12", PPI Sedona 630IX, Alpine MRP-M500

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MrSkipsey View Post
          1) I boot up and RR plays a track but the first time I go to turn the volume down it automatically mutes so I have to turn it up. The volume scale on RR doesnt run true either so it will mute but the scale will still show volume at 90%.

          2) My sub doesnt produce noise on music but does on video. Or vice versa....Anyway, its one or the other! :-) Any ideas?!?!?

          3) All my video (music and film) is downloaded via Limewire and although I can play it via VLC media lan on the carPC it doesnt play via RR application.
          90% of my music files will play via RR application, the other 10% and all of my movies only plays sound and not image through RR.

          These are the 3 main problems Im having at the moment. I have a few minor niggles that Im not worrying about right now as Id like to concentrate on these, If anyone can suggest a solution I would be more then grateful.

          Mike.

          #1. check the line mapping as mentioned in previous post

          #2. Sounds like the encoding issue or a setting, as mentioned. The stereo is not being decoded by either software or your hardware to give the sub channel or the music is not stereo (maybe mono, or no extra data). When you steal music (or video) with limewire (etc), you get what you get...........and it just mght be a virus you get. I avoid limewire (or any P2P network) as they are a breading ground for viruses and the files are typically low quality. Once you've tried FLAC (or any other lossless format) you'll never want to mess with them every again either. Sorry to sound preachy, but my point is it may very well be the quality of the files you are using that might be the problem.......
          For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
          Leonardo Da Vinci

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrSkipsey View Post
            1) I boot up and RR plays a track but the first time I go to turn the volume down it automatically mutes so I have to turn it up. The volume scale on RR doesnt run true either so it will mute but the scale will still show volume at 90%.

            2) My sub doesnt produce noise on music but does on video. Or vice versa....Anyway, its one or the other! :-) Any ideas?!?!?

            3) All my video (music and film) is downloaded via Limewire and although I can play it via VLC media lan on the carPC it doesnt play via RR application.
            90% of my music files will play via RR application, the other 10% and all of my movies only plays sound and not image through RR.

            These are the 3 main problems Im having at the moment. I have a few minor niggles that Im not worrying about right now as Id like to concentrate on these, If anyone can suggest a solution I would be more then grateful.

            Mike.

            #1. check the line mapping as mentioned in previous post

            #2+3. Sounds like the encoding issue or a setting, as mentioned. The stereo is not being decoded by either software or your hardware to give the sub channel or the music is not stereo (maybe mono, or no extra data). When you steal music (or video) with limewire (etc), you get what you get...........and it just mght be a virus you get. I avoid limewire (or any P2P network), unless I can't get a specific file anywhere else (as in not that I can't pay for it, it's just not available, mostly really old music), as they are a breeding ground for viruses and the files are typically low quality. Once you've tried FLAC (or any other lossless format) you'll never want to mess with them every again either. It's hard enough to get decent sound in a car, throw in a crappy file and things get even worse.
            Sorry if I sound preachy, but my point is it may very well be the quality of the files you are using that might be the problem.......

            Cheers
            For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
            Leonardo Da Vinci

            Comment

            Working...
            X