Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory carputer from ford

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/06/v...r-bluetooth-p/

apparently ford has been visiting this site because they pretty much nailed it except for the craptastic DIY screen install.
    2006 Corolla S Ex-Audio 7" Epia MII ATI AIW VE 512MB Mini-Box.com M300 Case 100GB 2.5" HDD Z-COM XI-325HP+ Linksys WSB24/WRT54G w DD-WRT Treo 755p BT Modem Lite-On Slotload DVD GPS JVC AVX2 2x JL Audio 8" Alpine Type-S F/R

Sad, take other peoples Ideas.. market them.
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Come on we all knew it was going to come out sooner or later. BTW Is it a full computer or just some low end kind of operating system that only allows certain things?

Comment

well microsoft developed it so i assume it's probably an app running on top of windows that would have to be hacked to get into it. i also assume that is the case with ford/microsoft sync but time will tell.
        2006 Corolla S Ex-Audio 7" Epia MII ATI AIW VE 512MB Mini-Box.com M300 Case 100GB 2.5" HDD Z-COM XI-325HP+ Linksys WSB24/WRT54G w DD-WRT Treo 755p BT Modem Lite-On Slotload DVD GPS JVC AVX2 2x JL Audio 8" Alpine Type-S F/R

Comment

Originally posted by jiggersplat View Post
          apparently ford has been visiting this site because they pretty much nailed it
          visiting this site? I doubt it... nailed it? hardly...

it's not worthy of bring called a carputer. it's a not a real PC and you can't install your own software on it. it's a proprietary system running some kind of proprietary mobile OS).

besides, I can guarantee that this system will cost a fortune. the Ford factory navigation system is a $2300 option, you can probably expect this system to cost at least double that amount
          F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
          Fusion Carputer [2.0]
          Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

And sadly people will pay it because of the bling bling factor....
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

youtube video of it in action...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWuwCSanCm8[/media]

Comment

What a limited piece of crap, it even hung up when he tried to cancel the phone call. And just look at how simple and compact it is with its huge printer and keyboard!

Ampie Case
                2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Got to start somewhere... at least somebody stepped up and put one in...

Now we just need somebody to improve on it... ALOT
                  Pm me for any Lexan, plexi, or glass needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                    What a limited piece of crap, it even hung up when he tried to cancel the phone call. And just look at how simple and compact it is with its huge printer and keyboard!

now thats funny....

I new this day would come. Not too long ago i remember hearing about ford going to the dark side. Soon Micro$oft will try to rule the world! We need to join forces and build a rebel army to defeat the evil Micro$oft empire. Who is with me!

Anyone watch the second part of that video. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBupdIa_BkI[/media] <-- the end it shows a RFID system that has been built into the truck. It keeps track of your tools and will let you know if your missing something. I think i'm going to steel that from Micro$oft It only seems fair.
                    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

What a limited piece of crap
                      lol

it looks like it will be a nice system (better than anything else offered as a factory option), but it will never be worth the price for a regular user. contractors won't mind paying extra for it because they can write it off anyways, the actual cost would be much lower to them.

it even hung up when he tried to cancel the phone call
                      that was funny. and he made up some excuse like "uh, this is a prototype model".. it seems like they went cheap (as expected) on the processor and/or memory. if they're going to offer it on the 2009 models then they only have a few months to work out those bugs
                      F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
                      Fusion Carputer [2.0]
                      Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGeek View Post
                        lol

it looks like it will be a nice system (better than anything else offered as a factory option), but it will never be worth the price for a regular user. contractors won't mind paying extra for it because they can write it off anyways, the actual cost would be much lower to them.
                        The cost would be the same, less income tax on the money used to buy it. It's not like you buy it for $5,000, write it off then get a check for $5,000. I can't see many contractors buying this. Maybe in big-time commercial and industrial construction.

Comment

It's based on Windows CE 6.0, so it is limited in functionality and acts more like an embedded system or PDA than a PC.
                          2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
                          [----------] 100%
                          Purchasing:
                          [----------] 90%
                          Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
                          [----------] 90%

Comment

galvitron, how does your avatar not show any nipples? I've been trying to figure it out.
                            Ampie Case
                            2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                            Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                            Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                            M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Easy man, they're covered up.
                              Tidder

Try RevFE
                              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                              X