Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

war driving, free phone calls from the car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• war driving, free phone calls from the car?

I dont know everything about this war driving stuff I have heard BUT I got a really cool idea if it is what i think it is..... Is it basicly you got some hardware hooked to your computer and you drive around looking for a wireless connection to the net... and your basicly connected on somebody elses connection..... I got my idea when I was installing a web browser and did custom install and saw the internet phone call thing.... so I was wondering if anyone on here has ever made phone calls through there computer by connecting to a connection while driving around. Is this a good idea? has it been done?
    Hardware: Via Epia, SB Live 5.1, Travelstar 40gig laptop HD, keyboard card, IR2PC module, Opus PSU
    Equipment: 600watt jensen amp, 4 x 6&1/2 3-way 200watt pioneer speakers
    Software: Win98Micro, Winamp, No DVD, Divx, or GPS yet

i'm not even gonna go into the legality of this at all.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

people like u give the real war drivers a bad rep, we don't get on a person's network unless we have permission, we just see that they exist and sometimes inform business of security holes.

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Why don't you just get a cellphone?
        Don't Click

Comment

What about open/free networks? Any problems with those?
          1988 Mazda RX-7
          K6-2 500Mhz, 64mb RAM, NIC, onboard sound & video, 8x DVD drive, PB fast remote, 5.6" GameVu LCD. Windows 98 Lite w/Winamp
          Boot time: under 1 min.

Comment

ok sounds like a bad idea then.... sorry i totally did no reading on the subject... but the last post says something about publix networks... what are those? and how can you tell the difference between a public and a private network cause sounds like public networks are legal to do that sort of thing... I dont like it where it said people like me give real war drivers bad rep.... I dont even have a carputer in my car yet.... the reason I posted what i did was to see if it was a bad idea or good idea... now i know its obviously a bad one . this public networks thing sounds cool though... k
            Hardware: Via Epia, SB Live 5.1, Travelstar 40gig laptop HD, keyboard card, IR2PC module, Opus PSU
            Equipment: 600watt jensen amp, 4 x 6&1/2 3-way 200watt pioneer speakers
            Software: Win98Micro, Winamp, No DVD, Divx, or GPS yet

Comment

why do you need to wardrive to find a public wireless lan? They wre usually listed on some website.
              '98 Explorer Sport
              http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
              AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
              80% done

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
                why do you need to wardrive to find a public wireless lan? They wre usually listed on some website.
                Exactly. The only public, free waps would probably be noted. Also, driving around, you're only in range of a any given wap for a few seconds, unless you're sitting in their parking lot. And, as was noted, wardriving isnt really for tracking down waps and hacking into them, its just seeing whats out there.
                -Nick

Comment

http://www.freenetworks.org/

free networks around the world

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                  X