Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC compatibilty with Car PC

Hello All:

I have old Pentium 3 PC , what parts can be used in a car PC?

regs

Use the whole thing.
    who says that there are minimum specs for a carPC? There are people with setups that are based on lesser hardware than what you're talking about...

Now, another question is whether or not the hardware is capable of running the applications and providing the functionality you want from a carPC.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      Use the whole thing.
      who says that there are minimum specs for a carPC? There are people with setups that are based on lesser hardware than what you're talking about...

Now, another question is whether or not the hardware is capable of running the applications and providing the functionality you want from a carPC.

I think I didn't explain well , I mean I will buy voom2, mini-atx and intelligent PSU, which parts I can take from my old PC to the CarPC? HDD , RAM , sound card , viga card etc.

regs

Comment

Not sure if you can take many to be honest, check that it's an ITX motherboard, because a P3 will probably be AT/ATX or mATX which won't fit in a Voom2, you could always custom build a case and get an intelligent PSU, probably a M2 or M3-ATX would do nicely. You can take your HDD, Ram, Sound card, VGA card as well, but they'll all need a custom case as well

I reckon, go to your local hardware store, get either perpsex or aluminuim and start drafting up case designs i'm doing mine now, in full perspex double DIN and it's running great, just working on the final DIN cover, I'll post a full write up eventually, when i can be bothered

Comment

i think darquepervert above means "use the whole thing" just as he wrote it:
          use the original case etc, get a M2-ATX or similar power supply, remove the old PSU or even use an inverter(although I would rather use a standalone instead of going 12v - 120/240v - 12v again, no point in doing that to be honest.

Then find a place in the boot to mount the box, run remote USB and VGA cables to the front and maybe a USB CD-rom or DVD-rom and you'd have yourself a nice base unit

Comment

Working...
          X