• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another reason to loathe Microsoft

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPv8PPl7ANU[/media]
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

tho the tune is catchy shame the products s***
    CarPuter Progress:
    Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
    Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

Comment

Sounds like they are trying to convince themselves that they don't have an ugly baby.
      ~Jimmy

Comment

ugly baby

As my Dept Head always says, "If the baby is ugly, sometimes you have to call it ugly."

Comment

running vista on all my pc's, zero problems. PEBKAC
          The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
          CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
          PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
          Memory:1G
          Drives:160gig
          WI-FI:Cingular
          GPS:IG2k9
          Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
          The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Originally posted by john1701 View Post
            running vista on all my pc's, zero problems. PEBKAC
            Understand that this video was for MS Sales Reps that market to businesses large & small.
            Companies aren't adopting Vista because of compatibility issues, for the most part. Most larger corporations (which MS wants to add to the Vista user base) have older apps that were written back in the days of DOS, Win3.1, or Win9x that simply [I]WILL NOT/I] function under Vista.

Sure, a home user is going to be just fine w/ Vista once they get over the learning curve from XP.
            The home user's needs aren't as stringent as a corporation.
            Hell, I know companies that won't go to IE7 because it doesn't work with web-based apps!

Corporations can't stand MS because they are forcing upgrades on them. That makes them spend money, which chips away at their bottom line.

Besides, Vista is the new WinME.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyFitz View Post
              Sounds like they are trying to convince themselves that they don't have an ugly baby.
              CarPuter Progress:
              Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
              Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
              Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
              Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
              Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

Comment

WTF was that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I thought it was a joke! Obviously this is why M$ charges so much for their software. Making STUPID ***** like this.
                Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                  HA! I see your point with the corporation stuff (i work for one that is too cheap to upgrade their 15-20 year old systems), but comparing vista to ME is just plain wrong.

ME was trash in every way. Vista works fine, infact better than XP in many ways. There's nothing "wrong" with vista once you configure it properly (which isnt that hard), its just some people avoid change in any way possible and will find any excuse necessary to trash what they are afraid of. I think XP is great, and was very skeptical of vista after reading all the trash talking on it, but once i got a copy and installed and spent a few hours playing i was very surprised. it works great.

Oh but that video is disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                    Understand that this video was for MS Sales Reps that market to businesses large & small.
                    Companies aren't adopting Vista because of compatibility issues, for the most part. Most larger corporations (which MS wants to add to the Vista user base) have older apps that were written back in the days of DOS, Win3.1, or Win9x that simply [I]WILL NOT/I] function under Vista.

Sure, a home user is going to be just fine w/ Vista once they get over the learning curve from XP.
                    The home user's needs aren't as stringent as a corporation.
                    Hell, I know companies that won't go to IE7 because it doesn't work with web-based apps!

Corporations can't stand MS because they are forcing upgrades on them. That makes them spend money, which chips away at their bottom line.

This is my employer in every way. Last thing we need is someones medical records getting jacked up due to Vista and IE7 bugs. Vista is a lawsuit waiting to happen where I work.

I can care less what the Microsoft Vista Fanboys have to say. Sometimes you gotta call junk "JUNK!" Vista is a bad OSX ripoff in a mid beta form. It was rushed because of the desire to copy Apple and play the "Hey we can be pretty and proprietary just like Apple!" game. Flashy shells, sidebars, and widgets, my fault "GADGETS" don't make an OS no matter who makes it.
                    ATTENTION FELLOW CAR PC ENTHUSIASTS, POWER ACOUSTIC = CAR PC KRYPTONITE!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

To my adoring fans, No my Toyota's gas pedal didn't get stuck! Instead I saw you crossing the street and decided to floor it! Unfortunately, I MISSED!!!

Comment

Whats with mac fanboys thinking that pretty means its a ripoff of apple? Apple did not in any way shape or form invent "pretty".

OSX is useless for 90% of the working population. Sure its good if you want to be trendy and browse the web and pay 200% the price for the same hardware and less usability. But to each his own, i guess. Just look at the market share before you start to talk. And yes this is a free market, you can buy what you want so dont even try the monopoly bs.

And gadgets were the first thing i uninstalled.

So what is wrong with vista? Everyone loves to bash it, but nobody ever has a legit reason why it is no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithoss View Post
                        Whats with mac fanboys thinking that pretty means its a ripoff of apple? Apple did not in any way shape or form invent "pretty".

OSX is useless for 90% of the working population. Sure its good if you want to be trendy and browse the web and pay 200% the price for the same hardware and less usability. But to each his own, i guess. Just look at the market share before you start to talk. And yes this is a free market, you can buy what you want so dont even try the monopoly bs.

And gadgets were the first thing i uninstalled.

So what is wrong with vista? Everyone loves to bash it, but nobody ever has a legit reason why it is no good.
                        Do You Listen to Music At All?

85% Of All Music Is Made on a Mac...

79% Of Graphics Designers And Professional Photographers Use a Mac

So In Turn apple Is Very Usefull and Is Used Alot...

You get what you pay for
                        Microsoft Is a Evil Empire that has corrupted a generation!

Thanks - Eric Scott
                        Area 3 Productions
                        www.myspace.com/area3

Comment

Originally posted by Area3 View Post
                          Do You Listen to Music At All?

85% Of All Music Is Made on a Mac...

79% Of Graphics Designers And Professional Photographers Use a Mac

So In Turn apple Is Very Usefull and Is Used Alot...

You get what you pay for
                          And what percentage of computer users make music and are graphics designers?
                          The number 1 graphics program out there (photoshop) is predominantly a windows program.

And again, what exactly is wrong with Vista?

Comment

Originally posted by Lithoss View Post
                            HA! I see your point with the corporation stuff (i work for one that is too cheap to upgrade their 15-20 year old systems), but comparing vista to ME is just plain wrong.

ME was trash in every way. Vista works fine, infact better than XP in many ways. There's nothing "wrong" with vista once you configure it properly (which isnt that hard), its just some people avoid change in any way possible and will find any excuse necessary to trash what they are afraid of. I think XP is great, and was very skeptical of vista after reading all the trash talking on it, but once i got a copy and installed and spent a few hours playing i was very surprised. it works great.

Oh but that video is disturbing.
                            I am afraid I have to disagree with you. First you mention your company is too cheap to upgrade, ever consider other reasons. Don't fix what isn't broken comes to mind, also an upgrade may be overkill depending on the application.

Also Vista does not work fine. It may work for many users but I cannot use a laptop without wireless support and my Vista laptop refuses to connect to my schools internet, I have tried working with the networks tech support who cannot get it to work (not to mention I am a power user). Also when I tried it one my desktop with all brand new vista certified hardware and drivers it insisted on crashing my GPU drivers. I will concede that Vista can recover without rebooting quite well after a driver crashes, however the fact that the driver is crashing I cannot accept, especially when I am in the middle of something. I upgraded to XP and no problems at all period. SP1 in Vista has not served to fix anything. And for the record I am not afraid of change, in fact I embrace change and seek change, I also can recognize when something is not worth changing to.

Comment

How quickly mac users have forgotten the introduction of OSX - Programs that didn't run except in "Classic", hardware that doesn't work anymore, older hardware wouldn't run it, etc., etc. Sound familiar?

By the way, on my desk right now is a Dell Wintel box, a C2D MacMini AND a Ubuntu 7 box.

Originally posted by chaksq View Post
                              Also when I tried it one my desktop with all brand new vista certified hardware and drivers it insisted on crashing my GPU drivers. I will concede that Vista can recover without rebooting quite well after a driver crashes, however the fact that the driver is crashing I cannot accept, especially when I am in the middle of something. I upgraded to XP and no problems at all period.
                              You do realize that a driver-caused crash is not really a Microsoft problem, right? You can just as easily blame bad drivers from the graphics card companies who haven't got the hang of the new way Vista interacts with hardware. My Nvidia card caused a crash in Vista too, until Nvidia released an updated driver.

What's with calling XP an upgrade anyway? It's now a legacy OS with nearly 10 years of development behind it, so of course it's going to be stable and 3rd party programs and drivers will be too.

Comment

Working...
                              X