kenwood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenwood

hey im new here, not sure if this is the correct spot. But Im thinking of doing a carpc soon. But in the mean time I was going to pickup a headunit.

I was thinking a kenwood DDX512 or DDX7015
    Both I can get under 400$ navi addon is 86$ for both.
    I just cant seem to find out what one is better?

If you are doing a carpc, then why waste money on a HU you wont be able to use...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I'll be doing the carpc in a couple of months. I'd sell this one once id start. I might not start not sure.

Comment

technically if you have a composite out or svid out on the laptop you can use the ddx-512 as a display unit and get an IR reciever to connect via usb (i use a USB extention and have a hub in dash so i can connect a keyboard and mouse/trackball if i so desire. nice when using my sierra wireless 595u aircard, nothing sexier than streaming shoutcast and getting IMs at 103mph )

Comment

Originally posted by thenothingboy View Post
          technically if you have a composite out or svid out on the laptop you can use the ddx-512 as a display unit and get an IR reciever to connect via usb (i use a USB extention and have a hub in dash so i can connect a keyboard and mouse/trackball if i so desire. nice when using my sierra wireless 595u aircard, nothing sexier than streaming shoutcast and getting IMs at 103mph )
          Yeah, that's a model of safety right there.

Face it..
          The output from a PC on a composite signal is going to suck to some level.
          A low-res TV (which is all those headunits can offer for a screen) is simply not suitable for a PC display.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

if you are interested in a temporary solution, just get whatever happens to be the cheapest that week, and live with it for a while-- just look at it as more motivation to get a car computer started-- $400 is alot to spend on a short term temporary setup(though, my $1400 'temp/just until the end of high school' setup has been in my car for 6 years...).
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
              if you are interested in a temporary solution, just get whatever happens to be the cheapest that week, and live with it for a while-- just look at it as more motivation to get a car computer started-- $400 is alot to spend on a short term temporary setup(though, my $1400 'temp/just until the end of high school' setup has been in my car for 6 years...).
              when i was doing my carpc i kept with the stock radio w/ no working CD player, horrible radio reception and an ipod hooked up to the tape deck. this way i wasnt spending money i could be spending on my pc and it motivated me to get my system done and in the car.

Comment

Working...
              X