And it starts :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And it starts :)

The only thing im missing before installing my very own, very first Mp3carputer... is the PSU... (im waiting for a OPUS) .. should be here next week or so..

im having troubles with the hardware mounting issue... (in the dash)

This is what my dash looks like...

It has only one DIN ..
    So I came up with this idea.... If I were to remove the light buttons, and the clock, and all the other thingy's on the row under the Panasonic Player im using now..... and move them to the bottom of the dash... then the hole it would make, would match 1 DIN space... (i think) hehe.. ill probably have to do some modding...

Anyway.. heres the pic...

(the red color .. represents dash modification.....)

Anyone else has any input? .. any ideas?

cuz im running out of em :P

Best Regards
    Richard
    NORWAY
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
    Albert Einstein

Im guessing it's a renault?

Anyway, do you really need the analogue clock? if you bin that, you might be able to rotate the switches 90 degrees and so theywould take up less room.
    I might also look into re-locating the switches to other parts of the dash that have cut outs, or using switches from a different model renault.

Dave

Comment

I think you're better off moving the HU instead of the switches and all that, it would be easier to reverse it too
      -
      My cars
      -

Comment

yeah i would build a custom enclosure for the HU at the bottom instead of moving the switches.

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

It may be possible to replace the switches with other switches of some sort.
          aka Kumaneko
          "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
          Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
          mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
          Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

humm .. Iwe just installed my carputer (did it today.. and it worked perfectly)money

cant understand all the fuzz about sound beeing sometimes crappy / getting electrical noise...

I have the Shuttle SV25 .. which hasn't the worlds best onboard-sound :P

Didnt get any noise, just crystal clear sound wee...

Autoplay rocks (but its kinda crappy it crashes whenever I resume after a hibernation)

And YES.. its a Renault... i dont like the dash that much.. but the I love the car.. best Iwe ever had.. and cabriolet at summer...

*raaaaaaaaaa* *drool like Homer*

Richard
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

And Btw...

Its not possible to mount any HU under the actual LCD.. (cuz the air-duct thingy, behind the switches, blocks it... anyway.. I threw the thing away...

Iwe installed the Hauppauge FM/TV Reciever.. and have a SLOT-IN dvd... .

so I thought I didnt need the other cd/radio thingy

Richard
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X