Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WuNgUn VIDEO-How I REMOTELY tune my stereo from my desktop

Yeah, from my desktop!
    Another one of the great benefits of a carputer is tuning...and in my car, remote tuning.

S'pose you just get back from a drive, but you noticed something in your sound that you'd like to change...perhaps for example, the sub level and driver crossover...
    Here is what I do...

The entire computer is setup to activate from my Viper alarm, channel 5. I thumb the buttons, and the PC boots (up to 1/4 mile range!)...
    It takes 15 seconds or so to resume from hibernation.

UltraVNC server runs on the car PC. For those of you who don't know, UltraVNC is a "virtual network commuter'...basically, it opens another PC, remotely, in a windows, and you can manipulate that remote PC as if you were actually ON that PC...
    The car is also setup to connect to my wireless router automatically. So I start UltraVNC on my desktop to connect to the car...

This give me an exact window of the car computers display.
    From my VST host (Audiomulch in this case) I save the current setup in the car to the desktop.
    I then use the VNC to transfer that file to my desktop PC...once downloaded, I open it on Audiomulch at this end, make the changes I want, save to desktop, and transfer it back to the car.
    Once in the car, I reload it in Audiomulch in the car, and I'm good to go!!

Here is the video showing how quick the process actually is...

Originally posted by coucouillu View Post
    I do the same thing with my windows mobile HTC phone since last year..

Nice!

Comment

I just have to remember to power off the PC when I'm done!

Comment

Nice, this will be great for not having to sit in a cold car during winter to work on stuff.

Comment

what audio software is that?

Comment

Ummm, AudioMulch...
            It's only been mentioned 3 times (now 4)

Comment

So I tried ultravnc and cant seem to connect. Kind of hard to configure =(
              Any reason why you chose ultravnc and not just go with microsoft remote desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
                So I tried ultravnc and cant seem to connect. Kind of hard to configure =(
                Any reason why you chose ultravnc and not just go with microsoft remote desktop?
                There isn't anything you need to configure...just make sure your trying to connect to the right IP address, and that the carPC can connect to your router.
                MS remote desktop blows large...

With UltraVNC, you can put the viewer exe on a thumb drive (less than 1Mb) and take it with you...if your at a friends, you can plug in the drive and connect! Easy...

Comment

Yea, thats basically what I did. I am using a WRT54G router with DD-WRT...maybe thats blocking the ports or something. I rather not go through all the trouble of having to forward ports. Im just going to stick with remote desktop for now, since it seems to just work. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                  X