2.4 Ghz video software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 Ghz video software?

Does anyone know if there is any software that'll allow me to recieve 2.4 Ghz video transmissions?

Wow or any idea on the hardware I'd need? Maybe just an 2.4 antenna and a video card with a video IN?

The traffic cameras around here transmit (supposedly) on 2.4 Ghz. I think it would be cool as hell to be able to see just what in the hell is causing the traffic jam ahead and such.

an icom R3 video scanner ought to do the trick. here is a link to a store that sells em and all the accessories (at a ****ty price) but do some searching and im sure you'll find a better price.
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/electron...3firaudsc.html
    i know it works with the x-10 wireless cameras (i've seen it personally recieve them.) good luck,
    etrik
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

Comment

Originally posted by etrik
      an icom R3 video scanner ought to do the trick. here is a link to a store that sells em and all the accessories (at a ****ty price) but do some searching and im sure you'll find a better price.
      http://shop.store.yahoo.com/electron...3firaudsc.html
      i know it works with the x-10 wireless cameras (i've seen it personally recieve them.) good luck,
      etrik
      Those things are pricey. I was hoping maybe for a software based solution.

Comment

I think you'd need some type of Reciever hardware, more than just an antenna. You need something outside the computer to turn the signal into a composite video (or vga, or something), the only other way to get it into the computer would be through usb or firewire, but that would cost more, because it would be a computer specific solution.
        Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
        Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
        '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

I wonder... I need AVGeek to reply to this

Comment

Charliey is right, you will need some sort of hardware to receive the signal, and transcode into something that the computer can understand. I have not yet seen anything computer based that can receive wireless video. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist though...

The easiest computer based solution would be wireless internet access, and see if there is a website that allows you to view the traffic cam feeds.
            KG6OQD
            www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

Well I'm waiting for a pigtail from hypertech then I'll have that part covered.

Comment

What about hacking an XCam receiver module to accept an antenna and plugging it in the video 2 slot of my lcd?

Comment

radio shack sells a video/audio receiver that ive been using to pump divx out the the bigscreen. Works quite well link.

I wonder if you can use the receiver to tap into this frequency?

Comment

Hey how about this I think this just might do it assuming it transmits @ 2.4 ghz and more importantly receives @ 2.4

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
                      Hey how about this I think this just might do it assuming it transmits @ 2.4 ghz and more importantly receives @ 2.4
                      Hm well I dont think that will work. I collect radio scanners,I have found traffic cams on the following bands 400mhz,900mhz-1300ghz and 2250ghz-2450ghz. So buying a radio scanner is the way togo. Thoose units you been asking about only have acouple of channels. So picking up weathercams would be impossible/a waste of time.

Comment

hey gun,
                        how do you get the video from the scanner? im new to the world of scanning as i just got a icom pcr1000. any help would be greatly appreciated.
                        etrik

Comment

How much did you pay for the icom... and does it have a video out?

Comment

i was given the pcr1000 as a gift. it does not have video out. it has a serial interface to control it, a speaker out. see the following site for its details: http://qsy.to/pcr/general.html
                            it is a great receiver (100khz-1.3ghz gapless) for just about anything. but i have no idea how it would get video. btw i can get audio from tv stations.

Comment

well I was thinking about the icom r3 . I've never seen the pcr1000.

Comment

Working...
                              X