No announcement yet.

can someone help me with music ripping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me with music ripping?

i've been trying to rip my cd's to my computer but everytime i do i don't see them show up. can i just copy/past them into a certain directory string? how can i get them to show up? sorry for the nooby question...

http://xs.vc/eac/
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

when you are in Windows Media Player hit the alt key to bring up sub-menus. Go to Tools, Options. There will be a "rip music" tab and within that, "Rip folder to this location." Nav to that and you should find all your musak

If you have never changed it, it will be "C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\My Documents\My Music" where "XXXX" is your profile name. Hope that helps.
      -=-===-=-===-=-

Comment

i should elaborate. i use Streedeck and it can't seem to find the files when they are ripped. is there a setting within SD that i'm missing here?

Comment

Eww, I'd recommend you use something other than streetdeck to rip CDs. Something good.
          Tidder

Try RevFE
          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

yea i HATE SD for so many different reasons...just can't afford to buy anything else right now. did i mention SD deleted my NAV? damn you SD...now i am really stuck. i was really thinking about getting an alpine DVD unit and just forget the whole carputer thing. it's just been unreliable since the beginning.

Comment

Just download AudioGrabber.... Simple ripper to mp3... Freeware
              Audio Grabber - Original Site / Mirror Listing
              2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
              Base System = Raspberry Pi
              Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

Comment

Also has working CDDB - so put cd in.. hit button n get all album details from net...

Comment

dont think many are actually reading the post before posting..
                  my problem isnt im too dumb to know HOW to rip music..i should have re-worded that post title.. Nuke was the only cat to hit it up proper. big ups nuke. still isn't working, but i'm glad someone read the post haha. my library is all F-ed up.

Comment

Try downloading and installing the application and see if you can use it first, Other wise google will have plenty of guides on how to use it.

Comment

ok i got it to work today. SD is strange about file structure. it's not very intuitive. i ended up ripping it to my itunes library (found within the StreetDeck app oddly enough) and that seemed to find the files when browsing 'music'. Interesting..

Thanks for all you guys' help though!

Comment

Working...
                      X