Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carputer as a comp sci final year project?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carputer as a comp sci final year project?

I`m about 6 months away from my final year at uni, and we've got to think of a major project to do for our final year... We have the option of doing many things (hardware, software, history of computers, etc.), as long as it`s computer related... (i also do audio tech aswell, so i can also have audio tech stuff in the project, and still get marks.)

So, I was sat in the lecture thinking: "Hey, why not do my carputer, as a final year project?"... I could write about the hardware that I have already installed, and code a winamp frontend in flash/vb, and hopefully it would come to around 12-15 thousand words when it's done. I've kinda made it sound easier than it`s gonna be, but I thought that if i pick a project i enjoy doing, i`m gonna do it better. Submission is in a year from now, so I've still got plenty of time to make my mind up, and actually do it.

So, a few questions:
    1) Any disadvantages/advantages come to mind?
    2) Has anyone attempted this sort of thing as a final year project? If so, did they get a resonable mark for it, or was it deemed to be too off-topic? Would you choose to do it again?

Edit: PS. If anyone can think of any other good comp sci or audio tech projects, feel free to chip in... I wanna keep an open mind about all this, since i`m gonna spend almost a year doin' it. Thanx
    My Setup

ya i did it as a final project.

Comment

Mp3Goose_Your King: Cool. How did it go? Any tips/advice?
      My Setup

Comment

I did it for my Final Year Project

Hi there.... yup... i did it... it was good.... if you need any pointers/tips.. don't hesitate to contact me....

Comment

Originally posted by e1fnd
          Hi there.... yup... i did it... it was good.... if you need any pointers/tips.. don't hesitate to contact me....
          Don't think he's gonna need pointers on his FINAL YEAR project, since the thread is OVER A YEAR OLD
          Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
          Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
          I'M DEBT FREE!!
          I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
            Don't think he's gonna need pointers on his FINAL YEAR project, since the thread is OVER A YEAR OLD

haha.. well hopefully not anyway.. locking the thread
            '98 Explorer Sport
            http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
            AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
            80% done

Comment

Working...
            X