Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new way to have sat nav, mp3 playback, wifi and mobile internet!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new way to have sat nav, mp3 playback, wifi and mobile internet!

I've just got a Nokia 5800 touchscreen phone. And whilst the screen isn't as big as I would like, it's perfectly usable. It has built in wi-fi, gps (which I'm going to get a copy of Tom Tom for it) 3g, Broadband speed internet access and a decent media player. But the icing on the cake is that it comes with a tv out cable, so I can connect it to a bigger screen!
    Might be an easier/cheaper way than a whole pc/laptop setup.
    I got the phone for free and pay 15 a month for the contract.
    NEW CAR PC IS A NOKIA 5800 SYMBIAN 3G PHONE!

I have a Nokia 5800 and it's a capable device. I wonder how well it works as a solution with the car kits compatible with this phone. As a simple solution, it may work. I'm more interested in getting it hooked up to my pc as bluesoleil currently does not work with sms/phonebook support on symbian os 9.4. PC Suite has no SDK that I know of to make it easy to use on touchscreen and embed into a frontend.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperZulu View Post
      I have a Nokia 5800 and it's a capable device. I wonder how well it works as a solution with the car kits compatible with this phone. As a simple solution, it may work. I'm more interested in getting it hooked up to my pc as bluesoleil currently does not work with sms/phonebook support on symbian os 9.4. PC Suite has no SDK that I know of to make it easy to use on touchscreen and embed into a frontend.
      Ha not truly a carpc , but for each is there own =]

Comment

Does the phone have video out? If so you could use the phone for control and a 2nd screen to watch videos and stuff. Better yet would be to hack it to get the touch screen function to work on the 2nd screen.

Of course just using the phone is easier....

Edit: Wow I can't read you state it has video out.
        -SwiftDeath

Comment

Working...
        X