The dash bezel begins to take shape!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dash bezel begins to take shape!

I figure screw it. If someone's gonna steal it... I have receipts and building these things is so much fun!

Anyways the installs coming along. I'll post pics of the entire thing when it's complete. This is just what I'm working on today, It still needs a bit of work but it's really taking shape. I had no idea I had it in me I still have to graft the new vents in though

Also I threw that Audrey keyboard in front of this to show some of you how small it is. That's a 10.4" screen. I just might use the little damned thing.

Lookin good.... but where did you get that audrey keyboard?
    90% Done
    60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
    Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
    Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
    All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
    Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

ebay.

Comment

more pics, pics of dash too
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

why pics of the dash? there's nothing in there yet!

Comment

did the keyboard come with a receiver?

Comment

no I'm using an IRMAN clone and doing it with girder@ the moment. I don't know that I'll actually use it. I prefer RF keyboards to IR... but it's just so damned small, I might have to!

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
                why pics of the dash? there's nothing in there yet!
                we want to see where it is going, did you forget you haven't even told us what kind of car it is yet
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

ah ha... well we'll just have to wait and see

Comment

MORE PICTARS!

looks good so far. is that from a block or wood or is it glassed?
                    -Nick

Comment

glassed. The actual screen surround was cut from MDF and glassed in.

Comment

I've officailly abandoned this idea.... it's going in the console. Too much trouble mounting / getting a/c vents in... Etc. Etc.

Plus it leaves me with the option of keeping a HU for FM radio use (whenever that day comes I'll never know)

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
                          I've officailly abandoned this idea.... it's going in the console. Too much trouble mounting / getting a/c vents in... Etc. Etc.

Plus it leaves me with the option of keeping a HU for FM radio use (whenever that day comes I'll never know)
                          I know exactly what you mean about the AC vents and ducts. I went through the samething when I did my dash. I ended up using the vents from an 85 Corolla and I had to rebuilt the AC ducts.
                          The fact that it's an oval plate for the bezel that can fit a 10.4" LCD and you mentioned the AC vents, is it a Ford F150, expedition, navigator? (they all share the same dash)
                          NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                          If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

You win!!! It's a ford SuperCrew.

I ended up cutting every mounting tab off the damned thing just to get the LCD in. I was going to work on an alternate means of mounting it but I haven't had any success at making it rattle-proof. keeping the stock HU in isn't a bad thing. IT was the novelty of a 10.4" LCD that kinda had me.

Comment

Working...
                            X