Bake and Drive over your SSD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bake and Drive over your SSD

This is kind of cheesy, but since it is SSD & a car i thought I should post it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMiCXrmdY5E[/media]

A little cheesy, but hey, it helps prove the drives are tough.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

"That was unexpected!"

Sorry, Mr. Intel Marketing Dude...
      If you want us to believe that your publicity stunt was unexpected, you have a very low opinion of your audience....

Don't get me wrong. This certainly showcases the durability of Intel's SSDs, although I don't think the durability is unique to Intel's SSD units.
      Hell, they are SOLID STATE DRIVES with no mechanical works to get damaged by being run over, dropped, kicked, thrown or used as golf tees.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

it'd be more impressive if the ground were concrete and not dirt. Plus, we really didn't see it actually go under the tires. Maybe the car missed?
        Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
        Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
        Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

I'd b more impressed if the car spun the tires on the drive in the sand and launched it across the desert.
          Have Mr. Marketing Guy find the drive, drop it into the laptop and see if it fires right up then...
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Yeah, a little heavy handed in the acting department. I was actually more impressed they would put that laptop on the ground with all that dust. I was thinking, "whoa, keep it out of the sand!"
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
            X