Who's install is this!?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's install is this!?!?

I saw the following image on the front page of pioneer, i notice some nice mod work to the center dash, and a griffin powermate...not standard equipment for a car...so does anyone know whos mod this is? are they on this forum? just caught my attention

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	2305030
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

Photoshop?
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

well, the pioneer screen image was photoshopped in, but the install is definately a car computer-- between the griffen power mate and the slim cd drive below the screen-- now to just figure out what kind of car it is...

wait-- it is a convertible mustang--from the dash design, late 90's early 2000's--time to check the build threads -->

edit-- used the search term 'mustang' and came up with some similar builds, but nothing with a powermate mounted there...
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
        well, the pioneer screen image was photoshopped in, but the install is definately a car computer-- between the griffen power mate and the slim cd drive below the screen-- now to just figure out what kind of car it is...

wait-- it is a convertible mustang--from the dash design, late 90's early 2000's--time to check the build threads -->

edit-- used the search term 'mustang' and came up with some similar builds, but nothing with a powermate mounted there...
        i agree, def a carputer, odd why pioneer wouldnt show one of their own units in a vehicle on their site. couldnt find the car on here either...sure its a mustang?

Comment

Looks like a Firebird or Trans Am. The hood and the location of the passenger airbag look GM. But with Photoshop could be whatever you want.
          The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

no...

a more educated search reveals that it is a late 90's, early 2000's vette, non Z-06 model(it seems that the z-06 models had a digital climate control)

a image for comparisons sake-- from www.familycar.com-- a 2001 vette

i saw the way the dash wraps into the door panels, and immidately thought of a mustang...

still no luck in the build threads though...
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

The corvette looks more likely. Definitely not a Mustang
              Nice looking install though!
              2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
              Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
              Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
              The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

the mirrors are a dead giveaway for a 'vette

if you look closely, you can see the headlights flipped up too
                COMPLETED! 02 VW Golf TDI 7" Eee PC Budget Build

Comment

Def a Vette, props to whoever did this install, great dash work...still confused as to what Pioneer was thinking though

Comment

too funny. I think it's a real car install not anyphotoshop..probably a custom build from a shop that does CarSoft or IntelMobile. I doubt it's from these threads and being Im an avid car enthusiast( I read alot of magz..lol), Ive seen plenty carPC installs most mags give the specs on the system along with the custom workload and designer.
                    Did it.. Done it... now I got to keep the neighbors kids away!!

Comment

The more I look at it, the less professional it seems to be done - if it indeed is real. Color match? none. Most installs here are doing a better job than this, IMHO.

I still think it's a photoshop. And a bad one at that too, the screen looks clearly fake and the whole console oversized.
                      Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                      Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
                        The more I look at it, the less professional it seems to be done - if it indeed is real. Color match? none. Most installs here are doing a better job than this, IMHO.

I still think it's a photoshop. And a bad one at that too, the screen looks clearly fake and the whole console oversized.
                        The only thing photoshop about it is the pioneer logo in the screen, other than that, it is an actual install, and I personally like the silver accenting the black. it works IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by UnusuallyGenius View Post
                          i agree, def a carputer, odd why pioneer wouldnt show one of their own units in a vehicle on their site.
                          my first thought exactly, they dont even show their own product inside the car, only a xenarc (i assume) carputer screen with "pioneer" across it hahah

Comment

definitely not a firebird by the way the console is lined up

Comment

Regardless if it's a corvette or firebird, the vehicle is manufactured by GM and it's internal components are interchangeable between Oldsmobile, Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet, and Cadillac.

Who's build is anyone's guess, the photo could have be jacked from the internet, and manipulated to fit PIONEER's tastes.
                              Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
                              CPU Electrical Specs
                              Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
                              Temperature Converter
                              Voltage Calculator

Comment

Working...
                              X