Start up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start up

I'm looking to create a Carpc for my 2001 Audi s4. I have quite a few questions but many of them center around the ability to quickly start up. Will I have no radio or any function until the PC is started up?

How about you pick a new username? We wouldn't want forum members to think you are a moderator....your mailbox would fill up with complaints and questions.

Give me 2-3 new ideas and I will e-mail you with the new name next week. In the mean time, hopefully some of our members have some ideas for your project. There are many posts on lowering boot times and things to do to listen to radio while your PC starts.

Comment

Originally posted by fiber0pti View Post
      I'm looking to create a Carpc for my 2001 Audi s4. I have quite a few questions but many of them center around the ability to quickly start up. Will I have no radio or any function until the PC is started up?
      You normally won't have any radio/anything until the carpc starts up. Which can range from 14s (the fastest I've seen) to 1min+ depending on software and hardware. There are ways you can just sleep your pc so it turns on in a 1-2seconds vs. a full boot.
      Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
      Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
      Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

the other option would be to connect the carputer through the radios aux/mp3 input, so that you would still have full radio usage incase anything happened to the carputer.

otherwise, i know some users that are using windows 7 have setup a hybrid sleep mode that allows them to boot the computer in only a couple of seconds. i am not one of them, so i couldnt help you set it up though...
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
        X