All-in-One Carpc for $150

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-in-One Carpc for $150

"can you find me a media player that does cd, mp3, dvd, internet, tv, gps, touchscreen and bluetooth? it got about $200 but id like to keep it less then that"

what do you guys say when you get asked these things? i mean, people see mine and they ask how much i spent, and they are surprised it didnt cost more then $1k, but then they still want "just some of the things you have like all the awesome parts for $200". its a little funny

I say no.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

+1, I say, "nope". The touchscreen runs $200 by itself.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Don't forget to tell them about the hours it took you to set everything up-- that alon emakes most people curious in my car stop asking(I spent about 2 months tinkering with it before installing)

or just tell them that it is not possible-- like getting a bmw for a ford fiesta price... Well maybe, but it would look like this:
        http://images.thecarconnection.com/s...00182650_s.jpg
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

I just laugh.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i just stare, and change the subject quickly...
            trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

Originally posted by trinybwoy View Post
              i just stare, and change the subject quickly...
              hahaha, a true man, man!

the problem i think is that most people just dont do much of anything, so they dont realize the commitment it takes. they just want plug-n-play, and they want it for $150.

Comment

or... perhaps in their language, the last zero is silent...
                so to us $1,500 is pronounced $150 to them..
                u never know...
                trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

he's american. trust me, it's idiocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by trader007 View Post
                    he's american. trust me, it's idiocracy.
                    WHAT THE F*** DOES THAT MEAN?!?!?!?! everyone likes to talk crap about americans but almost every county comes to us for help.

Rant over!!! flame me if you want, just tired of everyone talking crap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davedave1234 View Post
                      WHAT THE F*** DOES THAT MEAN?!?!?!?! everyone likes to talk crap about americans but almost every county comes to us for help.

We're ranked 18th in the world for education and falling... the comment was justified.
                      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                      - Always Recruiting Developers -
                      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

spend an hour in a wal-mart. you'll see why we're not going to survive as a species.

yes i know not ALL wal-mart shoppers are sub-human, but a good majority are. and they're out breeding us.

Comment

Hmm, swearing in a post, and then you say county when I presume you meant country.

Looks like you are showing them.

PS any more swearing and an infraction will be given. There was no need for that kind of language. Besides the post you quote is , I believe, by an American about Americans.

Comment

maybe they come to the US because our gov loves giving handouts...
                            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                            carpc undecided

Comment

Ohhhh... he said handouts... I was totally thinking about something else.
                              Tidder

Try RevFE
                              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                              X