FitPC & Minispark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FitPC & Minispark

My car has been stolen & found but the my old car pc setup is missing. Now I'm planning to make new combo and here is my idea.

FitPC2i with SSD
    Minispark Shuwdown Controller
    2x LCD.(pri hdmi)

My question is about powering up the FitPC2i. I have standalone ECU that communicates through ethernet RJ45 cable. So when the ignition ON fitpc2i wake on lan function should be triggered isn't it? How do use Minispark for that start and shutdown in that way?

cheers

Do you mean RJ45 by chance?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Yeap definetly!
      RJ45

Comment

Does the FitPC have Wake On LAN capability?
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Yes, Fit-pc2i has WAKE On Lan Capacity
          so the minispark controller.

Comment

So how was the old PC configured?
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

It was a built in star-up and shutdown controller. My old car pc was an Lilliput TC2000.

Comment

The FitPC2i can be ordered in an automatic power on setting, which means when power is supplied, it powers up automatically. Why are you looking at the 2i instead of just the 2?

EDIT: Sorry, the FitPC2 can be ordered with auto power on, the 2i comes with it regardless. http://www.fit-pc.com/web/on-option/ so you're at least set on the power up side of things.
                Tidder

Try RevFE
                The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by secured-nor1 View Post
                  My car has been stolen & found but the my old car pc setup is missing. Now I'm planning to make new combo and here is my idea.

FitPC2i with SSD
                  Minispark Shuwdown Controller
                  2x LCD.(pri hdmi)

My question is about powering up the FitPC2i. I have standalone ECU that communicates through ethernet RJ45 cable. So when the ignition ON fitpc2i wake on lan function should be triggered isn't it? How do use Minispark for that start and shutdown in that way?

cheers
                  Hi,

I work for XoByte the company that makes the miniSpark™.

Just wanted to let you know that miniSpark™ can be used for your StartUp AND Shutdown functions. First you would choose an input signal to trigger miniSpark™, say the ignition or a key-less remote. When that input signal is activated, miniSpark™ will send a WOL command via the Ethernet cable connecting it to the PC turning it on. When the input signal is de-activated it will send a shut-down command via the Ethernet cable to the PC to turn it off. The only requirement for WOL to work properly is that the PC be powered when the command is received.

If you don't need miniSpark™ to turn the PC on you can still use it to turn off the PC automatically when the input signal you've chosen is de-asserted.

The XoByte Application running on the PC will allow you to configure delays between the input signal and when the PC turns On/Off among other things. This gives you a completely customizable system in case you want to control LCD monitors coming on/off with the PC as well.

If you need any additional info check out the XoByte website or PM me. Good Luck!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X