Small navigation buttons for the backseat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small navigation buttons for the backseat

Hi. Everytime my car is full with friends it is an on-going debate about which songs to listen to, but even if the front passenger don't participate in the debate, the person still have to navigate the music because of the screaming from the backseat (Next! Next! Next!). I just thought it would be a cool idea to put small buttons for the left and right rear passenger, a little module with rewind, forward and pause placed right under or above the electrical window button, but the question is where do I get something like that? These things also have to vary in resistance when u press a button down (like the steering wheel volume control unit), having one cable for each button + ground will be a little to much cabling for my phidgets unit.

maybe a rcjoycon controller?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Go to DigiKey or Mouser, and browse through their hundreds of models of switches to find something suitable. To combine multiple switches into a 2-wire setup like steering wheel controls, just put a resistor in series with each switch, and all of the switch/resistor pairs in parallel. Each resistor needs to be a different value.

Comment

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Right Rear --------> Next

Left Rear -(don't like that)----->Next

Right Rear -(well I don't like that)---->Next

Front passenger -(and I don't like that)--->Next

Driver (Eject 1,Eject 2, Eject 3)

Comment

Well you would of course have to have a cut-out, so the driver at will can take complete control (which is who should have control of the music anyway)
          "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
          RevFE
          My Shop

Comment

Sounds cool to me. Good luck finding somethin that matches your car though!
            2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
            Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
            Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
            The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Might be easier to just have a remote that you could pass to the back seat (or take away if needed)
              openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
              - Always Recruiting Developers -
              Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

i don't know, i just tell others in my car to shut up... my car, my music...or i just turn everything off... seems to work pretty good for me.
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

Well you could use Centrafuse. It has controls that you can set up for the front and for the rear. You can assign a soundcard to display and display 2. So the back seat can listen to what they want through headphones. This is the route I went. I also went over board and if the back seat people do not want to do what everyone else is doing, then they hit a button and it switches to a personal system per seat.
                  Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
                    Well you could use Centrafuse. It has controls that you can set up for the front and for the rear. You can assign a soundcard to display and display 2. So the back seat can listen to what they want through headphones. This is the route I went. I also went over board and if the back seat people do not want to do what everyone else is doing, then they hit a button and it switches to a personal system per seat.

He has a single screen and is asking for a hardware solution
                    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                    - Always Recruiting Developers -
                    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, my bad, my A.D.D keeps me from fully reading messages, I just skim for keywords.

I dont like to think of myself as a troll, maybe a fairy, but never a troll, lol. That was so cute justchat1, I laughed so hard.

I will say this, it would be easier to maybe add a USB keypad and map out hotkeys. All the front ends have hot key abilities. Other then that, just add touch screens to the back. That will make them happy, give them more to do.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                        Well this is a trolley dolly.

Looks like the lady from Orbitz Gum..... Except shes wearing red, lol.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

lolo, just print here out, and tape her to the back of the head rest. The passengers will be too busy thinking of what to do instead of the music.

+ 1 on the personal system per seat.
                          >> Can you really do that?

Comment

Thanks alot for the replys guys I will search through DigiKey and Mouser to see if I can find something.

Might be easier to just have a remote that you could pass to the back seat (or take away if needed)
                            Yeah, but its not as cool :P

We often drive long 8-hour and 15-hour trips and I think that controllers like this would come in handy on these trips, there were more than one time that the two ppl in the front had noe care for the music at all (just wanted to listen to something).

Comment

Working...
                            X