Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEATHER's Leaving Us - Was It Something I Said?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEATHER's Leaving Us - Was It Something I Said?

From her post in another thread on 11-15-10:
    Originally posted by Heather View Post
    After running mp3Car for 3 years now and recently speaking a lot with OEMs, here are my thoughts. By the way, I am leaving mp3Car in about two weeks, so now is as good a time as any for me to get my thoughts out.
    But seriously folks. Heather you will be missed. I know we only met briefly at the first AFKFest, but I am a better person having known you. I truely enjoyed it. Wish I could have made it to last year's, heard it was even better.

Your forward-thinking, tireless efforts and dedication to this community will be remembered. And I for one (and I know I'm not alone) want to thank you and let you know we appreciate all you've done for us.

Mahalo Nui Loa and Me ke aloha pau ole a hui hou!

HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

+1 for that! Heather was responsible for fixing the mp3car store's quality issues while steering the company on its present heading of community engagement and involvement. She understood that the forum base was an asset, not a liability and that success in the car pc community was success for mp3car.

I always enjoyed working with Heather and found her to be very bright, open, and decisive -a good combination for a CEO. Best wishes and long overdue thanks to her as she moves on!
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Someone @ Mp3car will have some HUGE shoes to fill... definitely. Will miss you Heather!
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I'm pretty sure she has small feet, but i think were gonna have the life sized cardboard cutout of her stand in her office. With a bowl of wheat grass, an iPhone, and pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by optikalefx View Post
          I'm pretty sure she has small feet, but i think were gonna have the life sized cardboard cutout of her stand in her office. With a bowl of wheat grass, an iPhone, and pencil.
          With or without the cracked screen... thats the real question
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Farewell Heather, thanks for everything!
            Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
            Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

I love you Heather! I'd go straight for you! Well hmmmmm, maybe not that far.

You are really awesome though. After all you where the one that gave me back the HiJackZX1 name! So I guess in a way you gave me back my identity.
              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Thanks guys.

Good news is, i will see you at AFK Fest 2011 which will be May 7th here in Baltimore. It is going to be part of a larger technology fest (with good music too) that I am helping to organize so i look forward to meeting up then.

I really have liked working here - and I really hope that you figure out a way for me to do more while driving that does not require so many hours of installing and tinkering.

And from time to time Ill pop in to mod, just so i can keep my ban stats up.
                Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
                • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Have fun Heather and Good Luck!, it was nice meeting you at CES

Comment

Working...
                  X