Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleanest way to add relay controls to a system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleanest way to add relay controls to a system?

Hey forum,

I'm in the planning stages of my next project. this time it's going to be in a boat though. I have a wakeboarding boat with a 6 pump ballast system. these pumps are simple 12v pumps controlled with basic spdt toggle switches.

I want to integrate the control of these into a front end but haven't found adequate info on this yet.

i guess im looking for advice on the following:

Is there a front end that plays nicely with an i/o board (like fusion brain or the MJS USB IO-1)?

Is it possible to have a skinnable interface to control the boards that is easily accessible from the front end? (i dont want to have to exit the front end and open up a stand alone software to control the i/o board)

if you have ideas or suggestions... please shoot em over to me.

thanks
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

RR and CF both integrate the MJS USB IO-1. Looks pretty straightforward to me. I think the only real issue would be the somewhat harsh conditions that the MJS USB IO-1 would be subjected to - I don't think it's designed for any kind of marine environment.

I'm sure you've read the review, but just in case...

http://www.mp3car.com/mp3car-blog-ta...ut-device.html
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

thanks kegobeer. i actually just stumbled on that review. (for some reason my searches come up empty when i input "MJS USB IO-1".) it's perfect for what i need as long as i can control two boards from one screen. I'll have to try to research that some more.

as far as the conditions. i can mount the hardware in a area that will be free from moisture. i have 3 amps in the boat that have lasted for years without any issue (not marine amps either)
      Last edited by scott_fx; 02-12-2011, 05:10 PM.
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

This would be a great project to publicize a bit more. If you're interested, we can do a blog post for you if you send us a few pictures once it's complete.

A computer controlling ballasts. Sounds great.
        Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

Comment

thanks. once the project is complete i'll give you a full write up. dropping the boat off in two weeks to get new upholstery and then i'll start hacking up the dash to add the transreflective screen in there.

here is a cross post concerning the MJS io board:
          http://www.mp3car.com/cf-plugins/146...ml#post1433128
          Last edited by scott_fx; 02-14-2011, 01:07 PM.
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

just wanted to update for future searchers. i'm working with 4 usb-io's and mitch has been amazing in the technical support. There were a few features I needed and he was quick to lend a hand and/or update the plugin. They are working flawlessly too. I'd def. recommend it to anyone!
            New System in progress:
            M10k
            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Working...
            X