Motherboard question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard question

Ive been looking into the Intel D945GCLF2 as well as the Intel d510. from what ive found for about 20-30$ more I can get the d510 which from what ive read is a better board. Im trying to keep it on the cheap side of things I just got married so I no longer have tons of money to throw around ha ha. Is it worth the extra money to get the 510? Or would you recommend another board all together?

I don't have the GCLF2, but I do have the 510. It's a great board. What else are you planning on doing with your carpc? Knowing what you want to do will make a difference on what motherboard you choose.
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Im brand new to all this ha ha. What I planned on doing was radio gps obdII games dvds controlling my offroad lights with the brain but thats a little down the road.

Comment

for movies, i really think the 510 will do a little better.. i have a 945, it is a nice little board, but is kinda slow..
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

K so I so I sold the board I have and ive been kinda leaning toward the jetway boards cause the specs on them are pretty good and the price is pretty low on most of them. any suggestions on the jetway boards?

Comment

they use a special type of memory(i think it is buffered memory?[my memory's going..])-- make sure to get some off the approved memory list.
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
            X