Muscle Car Computer Setups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Car Computer Setups

Anybody have any muscle cars with car computers? Working on my 1973 camaro and was considering on putting one in after I finish restoration. Though it would be cool a little old school and new school. Would like to see whats out there thats been done

I have one in my 95 Trans Am. There is someone else who has a trans am and done it on this forum. Here's an unfinished picture:

and here's a post from my long build thread:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/13492827-post99.html
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7 L LT1 V8
    9.2" TView Touchscreen
    Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop and dock
    Intel Centrino, 768MB RAM, 80 GB HD
    Panasonic BD-5300 Head Unit
    Flowmaster Exhaust

Nothing beats the sound of a V8 that likes to speak up...

Comment

I have a 72 LeMans(not really a factory muscle car, more of a bread and butter car, but feel free to disagree with the 455 when I'm done lol) that I'm planning on putting one in. I'm still in the early stages though.

Comment

Thats coming along good rbaksi. Post pic when your finish if you get a chance. Did you remove a bezel?

Comment

That 455 is going to be killer
          I am working on my camaro. So much work

Comment

I hope so lol. I'm putting the late model GTO dash in it(along with a lot of the interior), so I have the double din space, and plenty of space to put the carputer itself.

Comment

Yea my camaro is going to be a bit tricky.

Comment

Not sure if my car is considered a muscle car, and it's pretty much new school... but I've put a carputer in my 2007 Dodge Charger R/T R&T.
                Here's a link to myworklog

Comment

IDK i guess its a new school muscle car. But that is one good looking install. Good job. what screen and bezel did you use?

Comment

Got a lilliput screen from Mo-co-so. The Charger has an option for navigation, so I bought a nav bezel for it.

Comment

Its a clean fit

Comment

I'm trying to picture the 73's interior, it sounds like it could be a pain, but would be sweet... OP, any ideas on how you would do it?

Comment

Originally posted by jvrocca View Post
                          Thats coming along good rbaksi. Post pic when your finish if you get a chance. Did you remove a bezel?
                          I was actually rear ended recently and the car was totaled. I never got a chance to finish making a bezel. I sold the car.
                          9.2" TView Touchscreen
                          Flowmaster Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by rbaksi View Post
                            I was actually rear ended recently and the car was totaled. I never got a chance to finish making a bezel. I sold the car.
                            Man, that's a bummer sorry to hear that. What's going to be the next car for you?

Comment

Originally posted by custom90gt View Post
                              Man, that's a bummer sorry to hear that. What's going to be the next car for you?
                              I bought a 2002 Infiniti I35 and mounted an iPad to the dash for now. I'll likely get a GTO or a C5 Corvette at some point as well.
                              9.2" TView Touchscreen
                              Flowmaster Exhaust

Comment

Working...
                              X