No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductions

Oh, how I have been away from this site for so many years.. It has really changed since I joined back in 2001. I still like it though, but as I searched all the sub menus, I didn't see a place where newbies could introduce themselves. OMG, I'm a 10 year old newbie. If there is such a location, I am sure I have over looked it. Years ago, installed an IBM Aptiva running Windows 95 from a 1Gb hard drive in my 1995 Chevy pickup. I used the stock radio with a cassette adapter for the audio. I was using WinAmp 3 with a few plugins to play my mp3's. I had a 4x20 display to see what was playing and a modified touchpad from a radio schack project box for controls. It was a very simple install, and I am ready to start a whole new project. My 95 pickup has been gone since 2005, and I haven't had anything worth crap since then. Well last month I gots me a 2010 Chevy HHR and its begging to have a custom car pc installed. I will continue to lurk on here to gather info since things are way more advanced now. I hope that when I make the leap and start my next project, I don't have to ask too many "newbie" questions.

Welcome back! i know how the whole lurking thing goes because I did for years also, but its nice to post every once in awhile now!

welcome back!!

there is the newbie section, though really not a area specifically for introductions...

carpc's have changed just as much as cell phones since then.. good luck with your project!
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided