New Flashdrive-sized PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Flashdrive-sized PC

Saw this on endgadget today: http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/17/f...-into-a-cloud/

If it's not vaporware, it would be perfect for an android (or linux)-based car pc, especially for an all-in-one kind of a build.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

As long as you had a constant internet connection so you'd be able to use a thin client to access your real computer, wherever it is. This requires a thin client to access a remote computer, and with all of the dead zones with 3g/4g, I wouldn't be very happy driving down the road and losing connection, which means no music/video/etc. And I don't know how GPS would work with this device - probably not at all would be my guess.

It's too early to tell, of course, but I don't see this replacing a carpc.
    Last edited by kegobeer; 11-18-2011, 07:53 PM.
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

I don't think that's the case - it has a dual-core ARM processor and a dedicated video chip, along with a micro-sd slot, wifi and bluetooth. It is a standalone ARM-powered computer, kind of like Pandaboard.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

Comment

Working...
      X