Ludacris’ Mp3Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ludacris’ Mp3Car

I was listening to Ludacris’ song Act A Fool and I noticed him rapping about having a computer in the glove compartment and TV in the steering wheel. I picked up on it and wondered if anyone else noticed.

Lyrics:
    http://www.dapslyrics.com/2003/a/ActAFool-Ludacris.html

yea, i heard that..

that song is from fast and furious 2.. i wonder if they are sportin carputers in the movie.. that would suck too, cause then everyone and their brother is going to be building a carputer..

Comment

Originally posted by unrealer33
      yea, i heard that..

that song is from fast and furious 2.. i wonder if they are sportin carputers in the movie.. that would suck too, cause then everyone and their brother is going to be building a carputer..

That might be good news...more demand means more products, perhaps cheaper power supplies....
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

well, anyone seen the movie? maybe i'll go catch a showing of it tomarrow..

Comment

It's better than the first one, but that doesn't say much. No real carputers, but the pink del-sol seems to have something running. It's all fake stuff, I read in a magazine none of the video systems in the cars worked, just put there for the special effects guys.

Dave
          Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

i was watching it yesterday after ig ot off work <no the theaters are not open when i get off work so u do the math>
            and teh screeens they have look like some kinda gps ish fake looking thing i think mostly put there to show the effects of the emp guns on a cars electrical system ...
            WINNER!!!!
            run-on sentance comp 2002!!
            :)

Comment

It's too bad they don't really customize some cars for that movie. They could sell them for lots after the movies comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMatty
                It's too bad they don't really customize some cars for that movie. They could sell them for lots after the movies comes out.
                the 2.slow automatic white jetta from the first one was sold to frankie muniz for some insane amount of money, even though it's not worth a fraction of it.

Comment

yep.. most of the cars from the first one were on ebay for around $75k
                  Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
                  Mods: Yep
                  Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

That pink car wasn't a delsol,was an s2000. I think Jay Leno brought the supra in the first movie for like 75k. I doubt they have computers built into the car, more like laptops or so like in the first movie. Just to monitor engine status and stuff like that, nothing to do with multimedia or navigation like what everyone here is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by unrealer33
                      yea, i heard that..

Nah, if that was true, everyone and his brother would want to buy a carputer.

Big difference for us in the know. Show me the money
                      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

yeah you listen to the song and you think luda would be driving something in the movie ... ehh wrong all he runs is his mouth

i myself was looking forward to seeing something supercharged with a hideaway license plate
                        and a tv in the steering wheel hehe

i would reallly like to get ahold of the car scenes that where left on the cutting room floor
                        especially the messups

oh yea for those of the sharp critical eye pay attention to the gauges when they shoot n20 <they never once referred to it as nawzz thank god>

the boost gauges are all metric type instead of showing psi they are in bar
                        there are some other nifty little things like that but i will let y'all find em out
                        WINNER!!!!
                        run-on sentance comp 2002!!
                        :)

Comment

My bad on the S2000/del-sol mix up. I really didn't pay much attention to the movie
                          Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

Most movies don't use real computers. The software is added in post production. If they did then they would have to pay royalites to the software companies.

Kinda like on tv when they black-out or blur a brand name. When you see a real product being used on a tv show it is because they either, got permission from the company (company lets them use the product for free, knowing it will genrate sales) or paid royalites to use the product.
                            ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                            Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by ODYSSEY

Kinda like on tv when they black-out or blur a brand name. When you see a real product being used on a tv show it is because they either, got permission from the company (company lets them use the product for free, knowing it will genrate sales) or paid royalites to use the product.
                              The Company (like several well known Cola brands, and alternative Fruit named personal computer) actually pays to have it's product placed because it is so desperate to get ahead of it's direct big brand rivals. Foregoing royalties, but being seen in a block buster is so much cheaper than the cost of sorting out an international Ad campaign, and if they are really big, a smaller ad campaign (per country) can always be added into the theatre trailers before the movie starts.
                              4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Working...
                              X