Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New car - new car pc, maybe? Some help :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car - new car pc, maybe? Some help :)

Hi all

I have been running a car pc in my W210 320CDI for about 3 years now.

My car has comand mercedes navigation and a parrot bluetooth kit.

For this reason, I only used the car pc (running centrafuse) for listening to music, and for recording a camera facing out of the front.

I tried using centrafuse for bluetooth phone stuff but It wasnt remotely reliable, and kept disconnecting, people couldnt hear me etc. I even went down the SOHO echo cancellation card and soundbeam microphones

Anyway, back onto point. I have recently replaced my car (with another W210, but an E55 AMG this time). In the new car I have factory comand with TMC and bluetooth phone function which ties in nicely with the dashboard and displays route information on there, I have no need to change this.

So I am wondering, what is the point of going through the effort to install a new car pc? I will be installing front and rear facing dvr cameras in the new car, and an idependant solution is more reliabled than trying to do it with 2 web cams through the car pc.

Granted, its been about 2-3 years since I looked around the car pc scene, has it changed at all? Am I missing something.

Thanks

Nothing? I have decided to continue with the car pc idea, as I really miss it.

Comment

The most that has changes is speeds of processors and software has gotten better. I never used centrafuse with my
      Phone, only to play music via Bluetooth. I use centrafuse more
      Than ride runner ...just my choice. Welcome back to the hobby.
      CarPc
      Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

Comment

As for reasons why to get back into it? Just for the love of it. My opinion as of now, I can't see myself buying an alpine or brand X for my car audio system.
        CarPc
        Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

Comment

Working...
        X