X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen location idea

so im just about set to do my install. 7" screen
    going into a 306 with a dash looking like so

i will not use a flip up screen but i want it to look very oem at first glance.

i was thinking about maybe a sunvisor mounted vga touch screen.
    has it been done?

i wasnt sure weather to look for some sunvisor monitors and changed the internals or cut up an oe sunvisor and fit in into that. i prefer the oe idea to keep the car looking standard.

any ideas or points into the right direction? cheers

What is down here? Click image for larger version

Name:	peugeot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2288092

any room in this area to install monitor. I think the problem with sunvisor monitor is firstly it would be a pain in the *** to use on a regular basis and might be dangerous looking up/hands up. secondly you might have a hard time finding a suitable monitor for area that has vga/hdmi. Just my opinion only, Good luck SNO

Comment

down at the bottom has been done how ever i think the sun will effect it in a bad way.
      it looks really good and as close to oem as i think you could get though.

the sunvisor i thought as when its down i am more or less looking directly at it.

the other place for it would be to move the upper vents and head unit.

but neither have the sort of finish i would be happy with

Comment

Well I do like the look of the monitor down in the console over the relocation of vents. Maybe source a visor at the wreaking yard and do a trial run to see how it is when driving and its practicality, at least then you have the other options should it not work out. SNO

Comment

That was my first thought how ever location would depend on the screen i bought.

centre or bottom and i would buy the following screen.

how ever if i was to hit the sunvisor route i would go for

Comment

only 30 pounds differance in price how ever the more expensive, first one is located in the uk so i would recieve it alot quicker than if i bought the second one from china

Comment

I've got a flip out monitor in my Peugeot 306. I know it's a little late and all....but if your still interested, I can pop a few pics up!

Comment

Working...
              X