No announcement yet.

Galaxy S4 to work with a touch screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy S4 to work with a touch screen?

is it possible? they made a media dock for it with hdmi out and multiple usb ports for keyboard and mouse. with the touch screen on the monitor does it have a usb output for touch(mouse) input? cause if thats true then the dock would work perfectly with the screen. any input would be great.

- Dan

Pretty sure a resistive touch screen could work..if its simply a hid version.if i can find my mhl cable ill give my note 3 a go in my car...i have a capacative screen tho but its hid...ill let you know

Comment

thanks really appreciate it. i was also looking at this media hub as im trying to see if i can use my s4 to be my stereo in my car http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EDD-S20JWEGSTA
      i found this on samsungs site and its what got me thinking.

Comment

any update yet?

Comment

I cannot for the life of me find my usb otg cable to test this touch screen....its here somwhere!!!

Comment

I burnt out my GS3 two weeks after paying full price for it without contract. All I did was plug in the OTG cable to a USB DAC and "poof" that was it! I threw away my OTG cable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow...ive seen some dodgey cables before but thats the winner!!! That is not good

Comment

O.k so ive found my otg cable and just pulled the hid capacative screen usb plug and plugged it into my note 3...it works.tested it with a multitouch app and it registers 5 fingers or two finger zoom...now it works more like a touchpad on a laptop but it works..my note 3 doenst load the mouse drivers when the screen is plugged in so im not sure what it loads but its functional....now as i dont have the sammy G4 hub i cannot do hdmi to the lcd and connect the capacative touch panel both at the same time but im sure it will work with the sammsung desk hub/dock or via allshare or whatever they call it now.

Comment

Working...
                X