in-cluster GPS (FACTORY!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in-cluster GPS (FACTORY!)

so I was watching Monster Garage tonight, and I saw an ad for the new Chrylser Pacifica. One of the points they made was the in-cluster GPS. the screen is where the speedometer is.

this is bad ***

Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

yea those are pretty interesting
    i thought about modding my vfd into my dash cluster, basically i'd have to custom make the entire dash cluster tho

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

A few years ago Alpine did a Volvo demo car with head up display that shows GPS nav info. It displays the map and driving instructions right on the windshield right above the hood line. It was really impressive.
      NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

I saw that tonight too. It looks sweet. I only wonder if the steering wheel is designed not to block it.

I also liked the cop doughnut car.
        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

looks cool, but you would need to find a suitabley small very thin TFT to mount infront of the Speedo needle. I take it the Odometer is digital.

A guess it doesn't use a touch screen to enter intructions, otherwise you would be reaching through the wheel to get to the screen.
          4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
            looks cool, but you would need to find a suitabley small very thin TFT to mount infront of the Speedo needle. I take it the Odometer is digital.

A guess it doesn't use a touch screen to enter intructions, otherwise you would be reaching through the wheel to get to the screen.
            The needle appears to be mounted behind the lcd. About one inch of the needle is shown.
            ODYSSEY

Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

Thats what I mean. either have a shaped needle that runs round the back, and upto the edge of the TFT, or have a V thin TFT that sits infront, but if it was too thick would stand out like a sore thumb.
              4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

projection

If you look carefully, you can see an opening in the overhang above the display. I haven't seen this before, and I can't really tell how thick that overhang is, but do you suppose it's some kind of projection from above onto a small screen?

Comment

Another cool option on the Pacifica is it is the first production car to come with a 5.1 surround sound system.

I don't know if I would want to keep looking down to read the GPS there. I think I still would rather have it mounted near the top of the center dash.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

Another thing. Anybody else notice that the car only has Reverse, Neutral, Drive and Park. It doesn't look like they have any settings for lower gears. Has this been like this an other cars?

Comment

I think the LCD might be projected. Yes, I did notice the lack of D1 and D2.
                      Attached Files
                      ODYSSEY

Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
                        Another cool option on the Pacifica is it is the first production car to come with a 5.1 surround sound system.
                        My friend's dads Volvo C70 coupé had a 5.1 system, with a speaker in the middle of the dash.

Old news, sorry! :P

Garry
                        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                          My friend's dads Volvo C70 coupé had a 5.1 system, with a speaker in the middle of the dash.

Old news, sorry! :P

Garry
                          DOH!!! My bad.
                          Aura MR62 (F and R)
                          My Current MP3s
                          IamDefiler.com

Comment

Working...
                          X