Hello all I'm a Newb [project pics]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all I'm a Newb [project pics]

Just figured it was about time for me to stop hanging in the shadows and actually say whats up, I've been planning on putting a pc in my car for awhile now, and i finally have some stuff to show.

So far its just an lcd screen, ive relocated my Deck to where the ashtray used to be and ive molded the screen in, i still have alot of work with fiberglass so that the cd deck sits flush and the mold around the screen is nice and smooth.

As for the Pc im going with an Epia M10,000 and Opus Dc to DC along with a DVD-R and since my house network is wireless ill be it will also be hooked into the network.

But this is where i stand so far, any feed back or sugestions are always welcome as long as they are constructive.

Later
    Numonik
    93 Mazda Mx-3 Gs
    pacesetter exhaust, Prm intake,
    ngk wires, ngk platinum plugs,
    b&m short shifter
    Custom Molded 6.5 Lcd screen
    Custom Molded Sony CD/MD deck

are you planning to fiberglass, bondo that HU in smoothly?

Also why a dvd-r? I assume it costs more hten a regular dvd?
    Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Yea i'll be smoothing it out in the next week or so, and reason for the Dvd R is well inshort im a graphic design student and going from pc to mac is getting old, because ill have to stop a project till i can get home to get the files, with a dvd r i can just burn all the files i need while im at school, yea i could go with 1 cdr then a dvd player but for to conserve power and space its just easier to go with a dvdr and 2nd reason is I already have a spare one
      93 Mazda Mx-3 Gs
      b&m short shifter

Comment

They do make CDRW/DVD combo drives. There are quite a few people on this forum who use combo drives in their carpc. the current fastest drive can burn a CD in under 3 minutes. do you have files that's over 700MB? Combo drives can overburn up to 90 minutes/785MB when you use 99 minute CDR disks.
        NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

well i mean i already have a dvdr im not using, so no point in buying another unit when i can use this one
          93 Mazda Mx-3 Gs
          b&m short shifter

Comment

Nice work!
            2011 Nissan Frontier SL
            AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
            OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Working...
            X